+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! I think I might have stuffed up my trigger shot!

Please help ladies! Ok so I had to trigger using Pregnyl at 9pm. First I cut my thumb breaking open the vials and that sent me into a bit of a panic - there was lots of blood. I recalled the nurse saying not to worry about getting glass in the vial as it won't go through the fine needle anyway. The reason I am worried is that as I was injecting noticed some blood accumulating in the syringe.

From what I have now read this means I may have injected it into a vein. I did (and still have) a hard lump under the skin where it was injected. Does anyone know if it will still work if it was injected partially into a vein? The video I watched from my clinic didn't say anything about drawing back and checking for blood but from what I have read online they say that if there is blood in the syringe you should withdraw the syringe and start again with fresh meds. Well I couldn't have done that anyway because I don't have a back up trigger shot here.

I'm guessing I probably should have pulled it out put a clean needle on it and then gone back in again. Anyway just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and did the trigger still work??
    Last edited by ShannyAnny; 08-03-2017 at 20:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look I don't know for sure but I think you will be fine. You can ring the clinic in the morning to double check. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Look I don't know for sure but I think you will be fine. You can ring the clinic in the morning to double check. Good luck!
    Thank you. I plan to call my nurse in the morning but was hoping for some reassurance in the meantime. I think I got myself into a bit of a panic but the more I think about it the more I think that it should be ok. I think I am feeling extra stressed about it because my last two egg pick ups were a bit of a disaster in terms of my eggs being immature and so I really want to make sure the trigger shot does its job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you'll be fine. I used to hit a vessel on occasionals and the little lump turns into a nice bruise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I think you'll be fine. I used to hit a vessel on occasionals and the little lump turns into a nice bruise
    Thank you and yes I can already see a little bruise forming. Hopefully my nurse can put my mind at ease tomorrow and then I can find something else to stress about