+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Would you do counselling?
    Maybe. Psychology is weird in that it doesn't actually teach you counselling skills (or mine didn't) so I've no experience but it would be a way of not letting all that study go to waste. Actually maybe being a breast feeding counsellor could be useful as I tester to see if I have ANY aptitude for it! I've breastfed for 6.5 years and counting and it is something I feel passionate about without I think being over zealous. Hmmmm might give that some more thought. Thanks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (10-03-2017),twinklify  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've held off responding to this and haven't read the replies. I'm trying to get back into full time work and it's so demoralising. My industry is just so cut throats and any gaps, stalls or unusual stuff on a CV results in it being immediately chucked out.

Meanwhile I've been working part time in a non career role for three years. Initially because I just had a baby, then later because I kept losing my pregnancies.

I'm sick of my children being treated as a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    I've held off responding to this and haven't read the replies. I'm trying to get back into full time work and it's so demoralising. My industry is just so cut throats and any gaps, stalls or unusual stuff on a CV results in it being immediately chucked out.

Meanwhile I've been working part time in a non career role for three years. Initially because I just had a baby, then later because I kept losing my pregnancies.

I'm sick of my children being treated as a problem.
    That is so wrong! At least in my case as I've been out of the workforce for 10 years I know I have to re-skill/ study again to have any chance, but 3 years is not long, it's so unfair that it's being held against you. It's so short sighted of employers too. I'm always hearing about the need for more women in the workforce but feels like any mum who doesn't return to full time after only a few months and acts like this life changing event didn't happen are thrown to the wolves.
    I'm spending a lot of time thinking and researching job and study ideas as so many factors beyond what I might be capable of. Like that invisible discrimination that's hard to assess in advance. And in my case no real desire to be full time for at least another 12 years if ever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    dear freyamum - change is scary... but can also be exciting. somehow - the silver lining will show itself... I am on this forum because by May, my wife and I will be bringing our 2 little ones to the Sydney area mainly because of a career change for my wife. the company is actually opening in Australia creating tons of opportunity. if you would like to hear a bit more about what she does I can connect you two... but for what its worth, it has enabled us to soon travel to Oz for appx 6months, nearly retire me from my work (I restore and sell old land rovers), and is allowing me to be a stay at home dad in OZ while exploring the country with my kids....