+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Donor eggs... too hard to find?

Hi all, I'm looking to hear from those who have required donor eggs. Did you find the process if finding eggs to be too hard? How did you look for donors? What were you looking for? What did you find frustrating? What did you enjoy about the process? What do you wish you could have said to the donors out there but didn't due to fear of them walking away?

For those currently looking for a donor, how have you found the process? Where are you looking? What have you learned?

We are looking at donating my partners eggs so trying to understand a bit more about the egg donation world. We went through IVF and used donor sperm so understand the legalities and be medical process, we are just wanting to hear from those who use egg donors

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there T it been hard jounrey to find embryos it sad and time is running out for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo, yeah I'd imagine it's even harder to find embryos than it is eggs! Have you considered using eggs and a sperm donor to create your own embryos?

Are there any ladies who have used egg donors or looking for eggs donors that are willing to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had couple of people PM me so if you prefer to do that please feel free

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sent you a PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking to hear from those who have required donor eggs. Did you find the process if finding eggs to be too hard? How did you look for donors? What were you looking for? What did you find frustrating? What did you enjoy about the process? What do you wish you could have said to the donors out there but didn't due to fear of them walking away?
    In addition to my PM (which answered none of your questions, ha ha!) I'll add the following:-

1. I found the process of finding donor eggs quite easy. Once I chose to disregard my clinic's uninformed advice that donor eggs were impossible to come by, I did a little research and found a great avenue to pursue. I think once you know where to look, it's easy.

2. I advertised on an online forum that was recommended to me by a friend (details included in the PM I sent you.) They also have an associated FB page where you can gain further information and support.

3. We were looking for a known donation. Some form of contact after donation was important to us, in case our future child had any questions about their heritage or medical history. In our case we are FB friends with our donor, and we regularly chat online and via telephone. Our donor has also helped other recipients create their families and we are in an online FB group with all of them, so that we can all stay in contact.

4. I found it frustrating that clinics don't suggest any other options except for their own waiting lists when it comes to finding a donor. I also found it frustrating (at the time) that friends and relatives viewed egg donation quite skeptically - most probably because it was all done online. We wanted to be very open with needing the help of a donor so were honest right from the start, and of course now that we're pregnant everyone is fully supportive. But there is a fear that some people seemed to have that something would go wrong.

5. I enjoyed the social interaction on the site I joined. It is truly a lovely community and I'm still contributing regularly to it, lending support to new members who are feeling a bit lost and need guidance. I also found the whole process easy and not at all as frightening as I thought it might be.

6. Hmmm. What do I wish I could have said to donors without frightening them away? The only thing I can think of is that I did used to think I can't show my vulnerable side. Many recipients are under the impression that you have to always be positive and happy to attract a donor, and I found that difficult because sometimes you DO have down days! I don't think I was alone in that way of thinking either, which is sad in itself.

If you have any other questions I'm happy to answer

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (31-03-2017),TortoiseNotTheHare  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I replied to your PM

Thank you for being so honest about the fears of frightening donors away by not always being optimistic! Nobody can have good days every day!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (09-03-2017),MysticFalls  (31-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blossom74,

I haven't had much time but your a gorgeous lady who I must say a huge huge thank you to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (31-03-2017)