+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rachikat1 View Post
    Sorry but what you are saying isn't correct. I was diagnosed with this rbt 13/14 years ago and have four healthy kids all in a row. Also it isn't the parts of x and y chromosomes that are missing its extra or missing parts of 13/14. The way you have wrote this post for people who maybe looking for advice is terrifying. I think you need to see a proper genetic counsellor worth their salt. The way you have worded by saying deformed is totally wrong. Some babies born with patau syndrome are a complete joy to their families. I have had 3 miscarriages due to this but i'm not all woe is me... you will have a child eventually
    I actually did make a typo mistake in my post which i apologise for.. My translocation is 14:21 not the same as yours.. but the outcomes i have listed are the same.

Ive read a lot of articles on this since this post was first written and I dont think what I wrote is incorrect.

The abnormalities affecting chromosome 14 rarely survive 1st trimester.
    I know 21 can survive but there is a huge rate of mc and serious abnormalities which is why i wrote deformed. I can see how this would be offensive to some people but I was very upset when I wrote this and just needed an outlet.

At the time of this post being written I had just found out about my translocation and I was devastated. I cried for days. I saw no hope and I am trying to have one child.. Its always harder when you have none to be hopeful.

Its great that you have healthy kids and havent been through a lot of heartache but I have spoken over FB to women with robertsonian translocations that have had over 20 mcs.. and some have had several terminations for medical reasons.. perhaps you got lucky.. it doesnt mean everyone will get lucky.

Each translocation affects each individual differently. There are women with your translocation on fb groups that havent been so lucky to have kids.. and even with IVF theyre producing unbalanced results.

Here are some interesting sources for anyone looking for info:

https://survivingbaby.wordpress.com/...wrong-with-me/

http://www.rarechromo.org/informatio...ons%20ftnw.pdf

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (02-05-2017),Mama Mirabelle  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @yogismumma thank you! These forums have saved my sanity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (02-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finally diagnosed, robertsonian translocation. Feeling hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by rachikat1 View Post
    Sorry but what you are saying isn't correct. I was diagnosed with this rbt 13/14 years ago and have four healthy kids all in a row. Also it isn't the parts of x and y chromosomes that are missing its extra or missing parts of 13/14. The way you have wrote this post for people who maybe looking for advice is terrifying. I think you need to see a proper genetic counsellor worth their salt. The way you have worded by saying deformed is totally wrong. Some babies born with patau syndrome are a complete joy to their families. I have had 3 miscarriages due to this but i'm not all woe is me... you will have a child eventually
    IMG_1493718579.414429.jpg
    I also wanted to point this out... i can understand how any child born with patau syndrome would be a joy to their families.. but when you first get diagnosed and you read something like this.. its pretty heart breaking. Joy or not, wondering how long youll have with that child is painful and not a desired outcome. Wondering if it will live to even be delivered is also heart breaking.
    The word deformed was incorrectly used in my post and chromosome 13 in my case is not an issue ..regardless i should have written serious birth defects as its more appropriate.
    Last edited by Simil; 02-05-2017 at 18:58.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simil For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (02-05-2017),LagoonK  (02-05-2017)