+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF under 30- how many cycles?

https://imageserve.babycenter.com/15/000/079/P4drmETAeGKDGzHIXdafrYV1d1ncMihb
    Home Community Getting pregnant IVF under 30s
    How many cycles?
    https://imageserve.babycenter.com/15/000/079/P4drmETAeGKDGzHIXdafrYV1d1ncMihb
    Hopeful137
    10 minutes ago
    Hi ladies,

I must have read a million ivf posts/chats over the last 8 months, but I have finally decided to join today!

My hubby and I live in Perth and are about to start IVF#3. I'm 25 (26 in May) and started my IVF#1 in July 2016. I don't ovulate or have periods, amh is pretty low for my age at 11 and my hormone levels are at a constant baseline unless I'm on meds. Hubby (same age) is perfect.

IVF#1 in August was BFN and only had one frostie. FET#1 in October was a chemical. IVF#2 in December was BFP but miscarriage at 8 weeks due to trisomy 9 (my clinic requests D&Cs so they can check). My last 2 transfers have included embryo glue and assisted hatching.

We are swapping clinics mainly due to a change in workplaces and convenience, but also for a second opinion. Our last clinic was great in many respects but we are getting pretty sick and tired of hearing that we are young and it will happen. When we asked our old clinic if they had other young couples who still didn't have a baby after three transfers they said yes then told us all about their young couples who had been blessed with their take home baby on their 1st or 2nd transfer...clearly didn't listen to the question (although in every appt they've had to consult their notes while we are with them to check our history with them!)

We have our initial appt with the new clinic in two weeks so we can start IVF#3.

My hubby and I are considering pushing for PGS since the old clinic was surprised that we had a trisomy at our age and I don't know if my heart can take another embryo catching only to loose it later because of chromosonal problems. The old clinic also recommended we add human growth hormone to our cycle with the new clinic to improve my egg quality , so hopefully the new one will agree.

I guess I just want to reach out to the under 30s and find out how many cycles it took for you to get your take home baby or what number cycle you're up to?

Also, what kind of treatment and IVF add-ons you might have had to use?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Shamy1  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Hopeful137
    Sorry to hear your on the IVF rollercoaster. It really is a tough slog!
    I'm in Perth too . We started IVF when I was 28yrs.
    It took us 6 cycles of IVF over 9 months to get ours BFP. Despite our BFP our infertility remains 'unexplained'. Unfortunately there are so many unknowns in the IVF world & it really requires you to commit to a course of trial & error .
    In saying this I think it's really important that you have confidence in you FS & clinic. Sounds like you've made the right decision in trying another clinic & getting a second opinion!
    We have been very happy with our FS & clinic. Our FS made adjustments to protocol with each cycle & our concerns were never dismissed because of age...Strangely enough our successful cycle used a protocol that is usually reserved for post menopausal women! It was also the result of a double transfer which they rarely try with under 35's!
    Our FS is quite skeptical about 'IVF add-ons' so we never went down that track.
    We were however planning to start PGS if our 6th cycle wasn't successful. Can totally understand you wanting to push for it after your MC.
    All the best for your appt. at the new clinic. Sending you lots of baby dust .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply Muchulu1 and the hope it gives. It's great to hear positive stories when you start to feel down about it all.

Congrats on your BFP 😊 Wow 6 cycles in 9 months! Were they all fresh cycles? We've been doing ours as back-to-back as we can (had to wait for the hcg to go down after the chemical and mc) and thought 4 cycles in 8 months was a lot!

We were also thinking of asking for a double transfer this time since it's our 4th transfer, so your story has given me some hope that it won't be completely dismissed by the FS. Did both of your embies implant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful137
    I'm glad I've given you some hope! BH really helped me survive IVF. There are so many lovely girls here.

Thankfully of our 6 cycles only 2 were fresh. The others were low dose stim FET & HRT FET.
    I think cycling back to back as often as I could is what kept my hope alive.
    Our double transfer resulted in a singleton pregnancy ( 40wks tomorrow ). When we made the request for the double transfer we had to do it in writing. The nurses weren't too hopeful our request would be approved but the FS was fine with it.
    Have your transfers to date all been 5day blasties?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely agree. I think the waiting to start a cycle is almost as horrible as the cycle itself πŸ˜‚

Wow 40 weeks, so exciting! You must be so excited to meet bub! 😊

At our old clinic they didn't do weekend transfers so unfortunately both of our fresh cycles were day 4 morulas as they fell on a Friday, but our FET was a 5 day blastie. I'm really glad that the new clinic does transfers on the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful137 Sounds like you've definitely made the right decision in changing clinics! I think it's pretty poor that some of the clinics only do ET mon- fri. 5dt odds are nearly always better than 4dt. Obviously there are a few exceptions but it's always good to have options available to you!
    Yes we are SO excited to meet bub. Can't quite believe the day is finally here!!
    Hope you can get cycling with your new clinic sooner rather than later! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 Thanks lovely! Hope all goes well with the arrival of your bub!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all- Would love to hear stories from others under 30 going through IVF?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Hopeful137 I went through IVF in Perth in 2015 when I was 29. We had unexplained infertility though I found out I also have a super low AMH and was quite unresponsive to the drugs. My first cycle was cancelled on Day 8 as after 2 ultrasounds they could see I was not responding. The second cycle was back to back with double the drug dose. I had slightly more of a response and managed to get to EPU this time (which was on a Saturday so definitely important the clinic is open on weekends). I only had a few embryos going so my FS wanted a 3DT. That little embryo transferred managed to survive and is now my 6 month old son. Good luck on your journey xx
    Last edited by gypsychild; 09-03-2017 at 00:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @gypsychild so lovely to hear your story. Congrats on your little boy! Hopefully I'll join you soon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (10-03-2017)