+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, if this is a real post then I would recommend you dont have your own kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if this thread was real and started by a current member under an alt account. If so, she's reading along under her usual account

The reason I wouldn't be surprised is bc I've read a lot of these types of threads over the years. The new wife that comes in, and feels jealous and threatened by the husband's kids and wants to get rid of them so she can have a happy life with him and their own kids. She resents he pays CS, hates the ex wife bc she gave him kids first and will always be in his life, and sees the kids as an annoying reminder that he had that life before her. These women would happily make the husband choose between her and the kids if she knew he'd choose her and once their own child comes along, expects the 'old' kids to be ditched financially and emotionally. Coz he has a proper family now.

Either way, the OP needs to get a life
    It does remibd me of a few past threads I have read

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    Wow, if this is a real post then I would recommend you dont have your own kids
    I don't think it's so much that she shouldn't have kids, I'm fairly sure she'd be ok with her own, but (assuming this is real), some childless women just aren't cut out to be step mothers. It's a tough gig (I am one, so I know). Your partner's kids will ALWAYS be his priority, and a step mother should NEVER make him feel like he's choosing between his new woman and his kids. If he's a good man, he will choose his kids.
    My DP had a girlfriend after he split with his ex wife. She had daughters herself, but even still she was jealous of his devotion to his three boys, and ultimately it was why they broke up after 18 months. She complained that he spent too much time with his boys.
    Rather than being jealous, it's a trait in him that I find extremely endearing and it's one of the things I love most about him

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

delirium  (10-03-2017),Mokeybear  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I don't think it's so much that she shouldn't have kids, I'm fairly sure she'd be ok with her own, but (assuming this is real), some childless women just aren't cut out to be step mothers. It's a tough gig (I am one, so I know). Your partner's kids will ALWAYS be his priority, and a step mother should NEVER make him feel like he's choosing between his new woman and his kids. If he's a good man, he will choose his kids.
    My DP had a girlfriend after he split with his ex wife. She had daughters herself, but even still she was jealous of his devotion to his three boys, and ultimately it was why they broke up after 18 months. She complained that he spent too much time with his boys.
    Rather than being jealous, it's a trait in him that I find extremely endearing and it's one of the things I love most about him
    You can also show some respect to a child even if you dont have your own kids. This op doesnt seem to show much at all.