ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How many years do you have to put up with this rubbish?

I very much hope for not a moment longer. Leave them all alone, jump on your broomstick and fly far far far away from this little quartet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie2008 View Post
    I guess I just needed a place to come and have a vent. My DP has 3 primary school aged girls. The oldest one is great (for the moment) but I find the youngest two to be challenging work. The middle one is quite clingy and can get very annoying at times and the littlest one is just.....well, plain annoying. I don't live with them full time (even though I would like to spend more time at my place), I do attend my home for refuge. But when I go to the DP place after work, they're sitting on the couch, being unproductive and downright lazy. I tell them to go and play and turn off the internet to the television and they just whinge and go to "daddy". They have everything that opens and shuts, have been spoilt rotten by the grandparents and still, it's not enough!! The little one only calls on "daddy" when she wants something and it's dad every other time. She's struggling to read and write and makes no effort to learn. Can't sit still, cannot make decisions, gets distracted very easily and suffers seperation anxiety. How many years to I have to deal with this rubbish? I'd rather them not talk to me sometimes. I feel terrible about the situation but I feel I can't love them like I should.

Just another thing to add to the equation, we're talking about having one of our own. Anyone else have an issue with a SD brat and brought another into the home?

All over the place I know but I don't know where to start!!!!
    You sound horrible! These are kids. How long has it been since their parents split? Is their mum still even alive?!
    Give them a break! You say you want to spend time with them but who are we kidding here?! Kids often get anxiety after their parents separate! Of course they want their dad!!! Go and find another guy with no kids because obviously you are not ready to be a step parent!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I hope this is fake. On the chance it's not though, here's what you need to do: Leave. Leave him, leave his kids. You cannot be a part of a family when you have so little regard and affection for the majority of it's members.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going to go fake thread even though I commented. Considering the poster hasn't bothered to come back and say anything positive about our suggestions at all. Just like all the other bogus threads that are floating around atm

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (10-03-2017),Lanabananah  (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She's probably too scared to come back.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    She's probably too scared to come back.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I think if she can improve her attitude to the children, they might improve their behaviour. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    on the assumption this is true.

Dear you might not be cut out for kids.

Im not sure what you mean by lazy but kids are not there to do your work for you. I do not expect my DD to do anything other than clean her toy room once a week. This week we got no homework done due to me mainly doing nightshifts this week. So yesterday it was popcorn and movie together before bed, instead of homework.

Kids of divorce are going to be clingy and want their dad they are confused and unable to make sense of what is happening.

Its time to put your big girl pants on and do the adult thing. I hope you can look at this from their world and minds. Its not simple and a blended family is not easy at all. But if looking at their situation is not for you then sorry move on. Cause things between his children are never going to change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Wouldn't surprise me if this thread was real and started by a current member under an alt account. If so, she's reading along under her usual account

The reason I wouldn't be surprised is bc I've read a lot of these types of threads over the years. The new wife that comes in, and feels jealous and threatened by the husband's kids and wants to get rid of them so she can have a happy life with him and their own kids. She resents he pays CS, hates the ex wife bc she gave him kids first and will always be in his life, and sees the kids as an annoying reminder that he had that life before her. These women would happily make the husband choose between her and the kids if she knew he'd choose her and once their own child comes along, expects the 'old' kids to be ditched financially and emotionally. Coz he has a proper family now.

Either way, the OP needs to get a life

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-03-2017),gingermillie  (10-03-2017),MrsPopovski  (10-03-2017),PomPoms  (10-03-2017),yadot  (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if this thread was real and started by a current member under an alt account. If so, she's reading along under her usual account

The reason I wouldn't be surprised is bc I've read a lot of these types of threads over the years. The new wife that comes in, and feels jealous and threatened by the husband's kids and wants to get rid of them so she can have a happy life with him and their own kids. She resents he pays CS, hates the ex wife bc she gave him kids first and will always be in his life, and sees the kids as an annoying reminder that he had that life before her. These women would happily make the husband choose between her and the kids if she knew he'd choose her and once their own child comes along, expects the 'old' kids to be ditched financially and emotionally. Coz he has a proper family now.

Either way, the OP needs to get a life
    I actually know someone that behaved exactly like this in real life

Thanks
    Reviews
    O.M.G.

I have read this a few times and cannot wrap my head around how people do this???

I have nothing helpful to add. I am just sad.