+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Never felt so alone

I really hate being a Debbie Downer, but I feel so lost and so alone.

I'm about 6 weeks into my first pregnancy (due 29 Oct) and it should all be rosey but things couldn't be further from the truth.

My boyfriend and I have only known each other for 5 and a bit months, been together for 2 of those months... and I'm roughly 6 weeks pregnant.

He made it clear when we were waiting for blood test results that he would prefer I did not keep the baby - but I'm 32 and have decided to have the baby (which I'm quietly thrilled about).

My mother is not speaking to me unless it's to yell at me. My sister has her own stress. I'm estranged from my father. And my boyfriend is struggling himself.

So I'm kind of struggling right now. I see a therapist every second Thursday and he will find out my news in 2 days so hopefully he can help but until then I'm just a sad little hormonal mess.

If anyone has any tips on keeping a relationship alive with a guy who doesn't want a baby - I'm all ears. Because all I feel from him right now is resentment and I'm terrified he is going to dump me at any given moment.

-Mandy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear
    Although congratulations because aside from all you're going through it's a beautiful time. I wish you were able to enjoy it better.
    I had only been with my partner for 5 months when I got pregnant. We were living together and really only just getting to know each other. He was happy but the changes in me he found really difficult to manage and it was a really rough time pretty much the whole pregnancy.
    We are still together 11 years later but I know how it feels and looking back after what our relationship became maybe we should have taken some breathing space back then?

I'm glad for you that you have someone to help you through this time even if sadly it's not your family right now.
    As for the boyfriend I think you guys need to have a really honest conversation.
    If it's not what he wants I personally think it would be best to take a break at least.
    Believe me when I say that having a relationship with someone who doesn't want the same things as you is never happy. And when it's a child it brings another person into that unhappiness.

I'm also the child my father didn't want and my parents stayed together til I was nearly 2 and I was one of the main reasons they broke up. It's just not a good thing for anyone.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't been on much since my emo post but I'm now 16 weeks in and everything has changed for the better.

Boyfie and I moved in together to a new place and he's come to grips with being a daddy and is actually really excited now! He's come to all the OB appointments and is loving making the spare room into a nursery. His family know now and they are thrilled too! They bought us a cot and pram and lots of clothes baby clothes.

I have caught up with my dad and he is so excited! My mum and sister have started coming around which is a good step too.

It was a really rocky start but now I'm so excited about this little baby - who we have found out is a boy!

Thanks for the kind words xoxo

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MandySparkles For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (23-05-2017),HillDweller  (23-05-2017),JR03  (25-05-2017),LagoonK  (23-05-2017),Mamasupial  (23-05-2017),turquoisecoast  (23-05-2017),Twinkletoes Sparklebutt  (23-05-2017),Wise Enough  (23-05-2017)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i am glad to read your second post. Sometimes the 'surprise' of the pregnancy throws a bit of a spanner in the works, but i am glad everyone seems to be more supportive now. Good luck, marie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

MandySparkles  (25-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MandySparkles View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on much since my emo post but I'm now 16 weeks in and everything has changed for the better.

Boyfie and I moved in together to a new place and he's come to grips with being a daddy and is actually really excited now! He's come to all the OB appointments and is loving making the spare room into a nursery. His family know now and they are thrilled too! They bought us a cot and pram and lots of clothes baby clothes.

I have caught up with my dad and he is so excited! My mum and sister have started coming around which is a good step too.

It was a really rocky start but now I'm so excited about this little baby - who we have found out is a boy!

Thanks for the kind words xoxo
    This is lovely to read. Congratulations and enjoy your pregnancy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    great to hear that things are picking up for you

best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies, your kind words are so reassuring. Thank you for the support xoxo