ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Renting! Is it haunted?

For those that rent when asking questions do you enquire if it's haunted first or about the history?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the lessor would look at you like you had two heads if you did.
    I've always rented and I've lived in two homes that I thought were haunted. It wasn't something I ever brought up to the real estate. Not everyone believes in spirits.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erm... no.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Hetty  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been watching paranormal witness (yes I know it's staged lol) but it just got me thinking. Why don't they ask if it's haunted before they move in lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did someone ask you this?? Lol
    It's funny cos the second house I lived in was a private rental and we knew the lady a little bit from years prior and lost touch.
    She told me the history of the house. At the time I just thought ok that's interesting.
    After living there for a few months I started wondering if the place's weird past had anything to do with the experiences I was having.
    I was only at both places around 4 months, both were corner blocks, similar era houses and both had the numbers 2 and 4 in the address. In both houses one of the things that bothered us were toys talking on their own in the middle of the night. You know things you had to move to make them talk. No pets in either home. Creepy and weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha no one asked me. It was just a question that popped into my head. Thought it would be an interesting thread. I'd be tempting to ask haha suppose I have two heads

What was the history if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is a haunted house a good enough reason to break a lease?

As for your question OP I never even thought to ask. And never would. Same with buying a house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, never have. But I have had a few paranormal experiences and lived in a house with a ghost once. I kept hearing footsteps at night, and a child's laugh a few times and her calling Mummy. My BF heard them too and my budgie would go off when usually he never made a peep once his cage was covered at night.

Im not sure if I actually saw her, or dreamed it, but I became convinced it was a little girl about 4 years old. She would come to my bedroom door in a long nighgown, holding her teddy. I never got a bad feeling from her, but felt she was lost and sad so every time I heard her, I'd tell her if she could see a light, to go towards it to find her family. It took a while of me saying that, but I eventually stopped hearing the footsteps running through the house, so I hope she did go find them.

I never looked into the history of the house, but I don't think it was the current house she was attached to. It wasn't old enough for the style of nightgown, ringlets and bow in her hair.

I've also had another experience with something haunting me, but that was a lot less pleasant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Sairz  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Renting! Is it haunted?

My brother once rented a house that seemed to be haunted. They moved in and both his partner and him had an uneasy feeling in the main bedroom. After a week they moved to another bedroom. They used the main bedroom as a junk room and one day their book case broke so they stacked books in the creepy room till they bought a new bookcase. A few days later, one small pile of books had been turned so they formed a spiral shape (if that makes sense). Both of them accused the other of doing it but both denied it. They didn't break the lease but left as soon as the lease was up.

I don't know about renting, but my friend is a real estate agent and he said that here (in Victoria) if someone is buying a house and they ask if there has been a murder there, they have to disclose it but don't need to mention it otherwise. He said in another state, the agent has to disclose right away if people are looking to buy a house where a murder happened.