+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the above posts. Your DH should want to include you bub in your activities, plenty of people camp and hike and travel you will just need adjust a few things.

Your previous threads suggest you have pretty significant issues. Physical and verbal abuse is not ok and no child should be exposed to their dad hitting their mum.

Are you really happy to have 5+ kids if your DH doesn't cook, clean, change nappies or even tend to his crying baby? That is a huge undertaking for you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (06-03-2017),HollyGolightly81  (07-03-2017),Renn  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry it too me so long to reply. I was cooking tea for my ******** husband.....
    I'm also sorry that you women find so little meaning in your lives.
    Yes, 100% I would have more kids with my DH I love him very much. He is a fantastic father and a great husband no matter what you ladies think. I'd also like to say thank you to whichever sad lonely lady added in that my husband hits me and verbally abuses me in front of our daughter. That is, for all others reading, not true.
    I am not, in any way, a battered woman as you women make me out to be. No, I don't like everything my husband does, I hate some things, but he is loving, caring and tries to fix things I don't like about him. As there are things about me he dosent like and I do the same for him. That is, in my opinion what a relationship is, cliche whatever, it's give and take..
    I appreciate what BubHub is. On a basic level it is to give options, share knowledge and pass judgement but when you start making **** up to look like you have the moral upper hand I can't stand it. I probably would have even ignore the whole thread but someone added untruths and I feel I need to defend myself, my husband and our relationship.

Thank you to the others posters who genuinely gave their opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to say this does not sound like a healthy relationship at all! Your desire for a large family should not be put above the safety of yourself or your children. You might have lots of kids, but at what cost?

My sister loves babies and has had 4 kids to her husband. They've been together since they were 17 but it's far from a happy relationship. He has simply never grown up and basically lives his life as though he were still single. At 35 he is definitely the eldest child in the house. My sister keeps hoping he will change, but as the kids get older it's even more challenging because he constantly undermines her attempts at parenting. She won't leave (yet) because she still clings to the fantasy of a big happy family, but the unfortunate reality is that she simply chose the wrong guy!

Having more children will not make your situation better, in fact it sounds like you are at risk of becoming trapped in an increasingly worse and dangerous relationship if you involve more children! Abusive partners are great at using children to keep you exactly where they want you...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryMumkin View Post
    I'm sorry it too me so long to reply. I was cooking tea for my ******** husband.....
    I'm also sorry that you women find so little meaning in your lives.
    Yes, 100% I would have more kids with my DH I love him very much. He is a fantastic father and a great husband no matter what you ladies think. I'd also like to say thank you to whichever sad lonely lady added in that my husband hits me and verbally abuses me in front of our daughter. That is, for all others reading, not true.
    I am not, in any way, a battered woman as you women make me out to be. No, I don't like everything my husband does, I hate some things, but he is loving, caring and tries to fix things I don't like about him. As there are things about me he dosent like and I do the same for him. That is, in my opinion what a relationship is, cliche whatever, it's give and take..
    I appreciate what BubHub is. On a basic level it is to give options, share knowledge and pass judgement but when you start making **** up to look like you have the moral upper hand I can't stand it. I probably would have even ignore the whole thread but someone added untruths and I feel I need to defend myself, my husband and our relationship.

Thank you to the others posters who genuinely gave their opinion.
    Sorry you feel that your are being attacked. We can only go by the information you post on here and in your last thread, you stated that he has slapped you across the face multiple times and and called you names on a daily basis.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 06-03-2017 at 19:08.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (06-03-2017),yadot  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you feel attacked. We are basing our responses on what we know of your situation.

Thanks for the insult, I'm not a sad lonely lady. - you have previously stated that your husband regularly slaps you on the face. I didn't say your child has seen this just that no child should. I would think this won't just stop and eventually she may see it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Sorry you feel that your are being attacked. We can only go by the information you post on here and in your last thread, you stated that he has slapped you across the face multiple times and and called you names on a daily basis.
    Yes. I did write that. I however did not say that he did any of these things in front of our daughter.
    Nor am I a delicate flower that might wilt and die if I get bruised (I have not literally been bruised in case someone wants to take liberty with that too) .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    If I recall, she said he had slapped her twice, but the name calling was a daily occurance.

OP, all that aside, when I first read your post I had not realised it was the same person (not on here much) so made an evaluation based just on your post in here. My first thought was "if he leaves the room when an 11 month old gets noisy he will NOT cope with a toddler in the house!".

At minimum, I would be putting off TTC another until you're well into the terrible 2s. Then you will have had a decent amount of time to see your partner in his new role of dad.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (06-03-2017),SuperGranny  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know nothing of your situation, so I'm taking this thread completely at face vaue. But you say your DH has slapped you across the face and calls you bad names - are you OK with that happening (even if your daughter doesn't see it?) Are you sure that's the kind of person you want to have more children with? Do you feel like he would possibly ever hit your child? I'm not wanting to gice 'advice', because you said you dont want advice, I'm just asking questions to chat it through.

Also - I want my kids with me too I think that's a perfectly normal way to feel as a mother. No way would I be able to leave my 11 month old for a week just to renovate - I recently left my kids for 2 nights for the first time ever, & my oldest is 6 years old. So I think it's fine to say, 'I want my kids with me'. They SHOULD be with you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    **deleted for privacy**
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 07-03-2017 at 06:54.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (06-03-2017),HollyGolightly81  (07-03-2017),ICanDream  (06-03-2017),JustJaq  (06-03-2017),Mod-Wise Enough  (06-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (06-03-2017),PomPoms  (06-03-2017),sarahjane914  (07-03-2017),Stretched  (06-03-2017),twinklify  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No need to insult people trying to give their 'thoughts' which is what you asked for. If you had said 'i only want thoughts which validate mine' then I wouldn't have bothered responding.
    I won't bother adding any further thoughts about your situation because it's obvious you won't like them.
    I do hope your situation drastically improves.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (07-03-2017),JustJaq  (06-03-2017),Mum-I-Am  (06-03-2017),twinklify  (06-03-2017)