+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rental app forms

Hello everyone

So, my little family and I have been living with his parents for the past 20months.

We are wanting to move out into a rental property.

Note:
    • This is our first time we are renting in Australia.
    • We have rented back home and have references to add.
    • We are also not on their contract as they've been renting the same house for years.
    • I have recently stopped working as my work days collide with my partners. No babysitters.
    • We pay 250wkly.
    • My partner is full time at his job and our daughter receives family assistance.
    • with dark clouds forming everyday.....

When being asked for current agent details, is there a way we can go around that question?
    (Personally I was thinking of writing on a post it note and sticking it to the question explaining lol-is that allowed?)

Anyone else tick the 'free connection company' but you have to pay connection fee and bond as per usual, box?

When signed up for casual work with agency, do you put them in current work occupation and put 'null' as net pay answer? Or put them on the previous employment section?

And lastly (I think?) is 'insufficient storage for our growing family' ideal for an answer to 'reason why you are leaving this property?

We are so bugging out about the application process. So many un-answered questions and so many business cards given and told 'if you have any questions, don't hesitate in calling or emailing me and still nothing lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    ♥️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't say for sure and I don't know what state you're in but I think if you were to attach a letter explaining that you have no rental history in this country it should suffice.
    I'm not sure why you have to say why you're leaving your previous address if I read that right. That's a bit personal!

Is no one answering your calls to ask for help? Sounds typical. I might try and avoid those ones if I were you lol
    It's an indication of the service you would receive as a tenant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

mtanenui  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In current agent details, just list your current situation. Living with family. Include the date you began living there and how much you pay per week, as normal. For previous rental references there's no reason you can't list international ones! Renters come from all sorts of backgrounds and yours is just as valid.

As far as the reason you're moving, what you said is perfect I've always hated that question!

And yes, if you are casually employed, include the name of the agency and include and recent payslips. In 'net pay' (a bit of a silly thing to have on a form as so many workers are casual nowadays!) just put 'casual - see payslips'. Also include a Centrelink income statement if you receive any.

Most importantly don't stress! There is no 'one size fits all'. Just get as many applications out there as you can, it's a tough rental market these days Good luck! X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frankie46 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (06-03-2017),mtanenui  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    I can't say for sure and I don't know what state you're in but I think if you were to attach a letter explaining that you have no rental history in this country it should suffice.
    I'm not sure why you have to say why you're leaving your previous address if I read that right. That's a bit personal!

Is no one answering your calls to ask for help? Sounds typical. I might try and avoid those ones if I were you lol
    It's an indication of the service you would receive as a tenant.

--------------------------------------------

It's very personal as I don't want to actually write why my partner and I want to leave as it might come out the wrong way and I hate putting people down even if it's been happening to us for a bit lol

Nope, it's either oh they're out at the moment or voice mail, maybe I should flood their emails, give the agents a freight hahaha

Thank you so much for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie46 View Post
    In current agent details, just list your current situation. Living with family. Include the date you began living there and how much you pay per week, as normal. For previous rental references there's no reason you can't list international ones! Renters come from all sorts of backgrounds and yours is just as valid.

As far as the reason you're moving, what you said is perfect I've always hated that question!

And yes, if you are casually employed, include the name of the agency and include and recent payslips. In 'net pay' (a bit of a silly thing to have on a form as so many workers are casual nowadays!) just put 'casual - see payslips'. Also include a Centrelink income statement if you receive any.

Most importantly don't stress! There is no 'one size fits all'. Just get as many applications out there as you can, it's a tough rental market these days Good luck! X
    ---------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness,

Thank you - Thank you so much for your help, I can't believe that it took me to come back on this forum to get answers I've been trying to ask agents since we started applying! We've 5 applications from Saturday to hand in today > fingers crossed <

You have helped greatly, my partner and I are so grateful

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtanenui For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frankie46 re: casual status. Is it still possible if I use my pay slips for the agency when I haven't worked since January?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For reason why you are leaving, we recently just told our new agent that we have outgrown our current property. With our current property we listed our Australian references for rental history as we had only just moved to London.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

mtanenui  (07-03-2017),TheGooch  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    List your reasons for moving as "Need our own house", simple as that. If you're living with family it is completely reasonable to want your own house. Nothing unusual there!
    I've worked in real estate many years and lots of people who've lived overseas have been approved for rental properties. Just be as honest as possible with references and list any that you've got.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

mtanenui  (06-03-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think when agents ask why you're leaving your current property they're really just interested in whether or not you have to leave due to eviction or other tenancy issues. They're not interested in personal or familial issues.
    I would just say something like "have been staying with family since arriving in Australia" or something like that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (06-03-2017),mtanenui  (06-03-2017)