+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stretch and sweep.

Hi Ladies,
    I'm hoping for some good stories. My obs wants to do a s&s monday arvo at 39 +1 to see if we can get things started. I am super keen as really want to have this bub. But wondering any good news stories of ppl having them done and them working?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

RilesNPipes  (22-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 40+8 when I had mine done... to try and avoid induction. After having it done I started bleeding in the car on the way home. Went back to hospital, all was ok... blood seemed to be due to the vascular area and the nature of a S&S. That evening I started losing my mucus plug and 5am the following day had a clear out and contractions started 3 mins apart at 9am.

I don't think it would have worked had by body not been ready. It definitely helped get things started.

FYI- I found mine very painful. I'd go in with some good calming techniques and definitely focus on your breathing. They're usually pretty quick though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had one at 40+6, very uncomfortable but very quick, and had my first contraction about 4 hours later. I personally don't think I'd agree to one until I was overdue and facing induction (they did mine on Friday and my induction was booked for Monday) as before that, bub may just not be ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 39+2 and went into labour 9 hours later. It wasn't pleasant but I really would have called it uncomfortable, not painful and it is over quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one by a female midwife at 40 but it did nothing, then one again at 40+6 by a male Ob with large hands. It was quite uncomfortable, but as I was the size of a whale and had been having braxton hicks for over 3 weeks, I was ready to do anything for this baby to come out! I had quite a bit of pink/red mucous discharge (make sure you take a pad!) My contractions started about 2-3hrs later and increased to established labour about 6hrs after that. I ended up with a c-section due to an unrelated issue about 4hrs later. I was going for a VBAC so having a s&s was important so I didn't get induced. I would get one again, it definitely brought on labour for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I had one at 39+2....DD was born 12 days later. Fair to say it didn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the S&S really only works if your body is ready. You may feel things move along or no change at all. I had one with DD1 at 40 weeks, there was no change. I then had another 3 over the course of 3 days while I was being induced, again absolutely no change. My body definitely didn't want to go until labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 39+5
    Didn't hurt at all was a little uncomfortable, I had my daughter the next night
    They only work if bubs is engaged and ready to go pretty much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at nearly 40 weeks and a week later with my first, I lost plug but that was it. She came at 40+10

Also had a heap with my fourth, I was already dilated but she was high. None of them worked for me.