+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you ever feel like you'd never have a baby?

I've been trying for so long, that I feel like it's never going to happen. I can't actually ever imagine looking at a positive pregnancy test. I'm currently in the process of my first ivf cycle but it has been an extremely long road. I just can't ever imagine being that lucky to actually get out very much wanted baby. Did anyone else feel that way? How did it feel when you did get you bfp? I don't think I'd ever stop crying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long have been trying? We've been married 11 years (together for almost 16) and I know how you feel. So many around me are having babies (and they're way younger than me) that it just feels even crueler some times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took us 5 years of trying to get our DD. 2 years of IVF. I thought many times we'd never get there. All I can say is keep trying. Try everything you can. It is so worth it in the end. Don't be discouraged if your first cycle is negative. Sometimes the doctor needs a cycle to work out what your body is doing with the meds. It CAN happen first try but often doesn't.
    DD is the light of our lives and my life is better in every way since she was born 21 months ago. When I got that BFP from the nurse on the phone I burst into tears and had to just nod at DH because I couldn't speak. Then I immediately started worrying about losing her (my HCG was a touch low as I tested a day early because of the weekend).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! After 2-3 years of trying naturally , I must have went through hundreds of HPTs and I started to lose hope. I never thought I would see that second line. After my first failed IVF cycle I was quite shocked - I always thought that IVF would just work! I was really upset and started to think IVF just wouldn't work for me. The statistics I was reading online about people with low AMH and endo didnt help! They made it seem like it was impossible so I really didn't think IVF # 2 would work either. But it did! I always thought I would cry when I got my BFP but I actually didn't. I didn't think it was real. I was convinced it must have been an evap line because it was such a faint line. Even when it was confirmed, I was just in shock!

All I can say is try not to read online too much about statistics/chance of working - everyone is different! That stressed me out more than the IVF itself! Good luck and let us know how you go. When do you start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely understand how you feel @Mermaid13
    Hubby and I tried for 9 years before we were successful (currently 23weeks with #1)
    I went through 8 GP's before I finally got one to give me a referral to a FS. The first FS I did a year or ovulation inductions and IUI cycles, we then moved house and therefore FS and we went straight to IVF with the new FS. 12 eggs, 9 embryos and 7 transfers later and we still were not pregnant.
    We decided to take a long break as it was making me sick and the emotional toll it was taking on our marriage I decided wasn't worth the heartache - I would rather live the rest of my life childless but with the love and support of my husband, then continue to put us both through fertility treatment only to end up heartbroken in one way or another.
    We started talking late last year about returning to treatment and came up with a plan, called and discussed that plan with the lovely nurses at the fertility clinic then went and got our referrals to go back to the FS...... 5 days before our initial appointment I found out I was pregnant
    Miracles DO happen and it will happen to you!!! After 9 years we thought that was it, in fact we had given ourselves until the 30th June 2017 to get pregnant because after that date we were going to stop all treatment and never talk of it again - our little man is due 3rd July.
    My advice would be to get rid of pregnancy tests out of your house, they are just going to mess with your head and it's just something else to stress about!! I haven't had any in my house for the last 5 years, in fact I had an inkling that I was pregnant and all I had were OPK's to pee on lol - thank god they show up as positive when you are pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.... still do...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

Wild Rose  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did!! We started trying 3 years ago, after a year of no luck we went to a gp and had some formal tests fonewhich revealed i had PCOS so were referred to a FS. One cycle of clomid, a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, cystoscopy and bilateral salpingectomy later our option was only IVF. We got 16 eggs from our first cycle and right now i am 9 weeks pregnant with our first beautiful baby after our first cycle and i still feel similar. I had to see my FS a week before my scheduled BT because of some ovarian pain and they did an early blood test to check for HCG, she rang at 4pm just as my husband got home and i couldnt stop shaking.... coukdnt speak so threw the phone at my husband so the Doc had someone rational to talk to! It WILL happen its just unfortunate that sometimes it takes a bit longer but you'll be so strong when your time comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. After 18 month trying naturally, 3 clomid cycles, two failed IVF and then a cancelled cycle DH and I took a holiday and had a serious talk about what our life could be like without children, also how much more IVF we could handle.
    The next IVF round we got our BFP with DD. then DS was a surprise positive from our first FET 2 years later.
    I've never actually done a positive pregnancy test. I got so sad every time I did one and it was negative I gave up on them altogether, just waited for the clinic results.
    You are not alone. Best of luck for your IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I feel like that now even though i am technically pregnant due to previous mcs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me! I remember feeling so very low. Thinking I would never bring my baby home. We had a long, slow journey to get to where we could. I really feel for u Mermaid13 and I'm sorry you are going thru this. My fertility issues were a bit different though. I could fall pregnant but my babies were not healthy. Our first (DS) was still born. Our second (DD1) was 6 weeks premie and then passed away at 3 months old. Our DD2 was born via IVF (strong & healthy) 5 1/2 years after our DS was born so it was a long road to get her. We have since welcomed 2 more DD's into our family. I never thought I would be where I am today but true miracles can and do happen. Be kind to yourself Mermaid13. Like the other posters have said try everything you can. Become knowledgeable about IVF but also keep yourself busy doing something u love to do (outside of IVF) because it can become consuming and sometimes you need to take a break. Big hugs xx