+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    I got SPD after my son who is now 4, it took me 6 months to recover. I went through a period where I literally could not walk, could not lift my legs up at all not even a centimetre, I spent a week in hospital with my baby at my bedside and had to have a friend camp out in the corner of the hospital room because "the nurses are not there to look after the baby" and I couldnt get up to walk to make bottles or go over to his cot and pick him up to help him. *Hubby was useless at home alone with other children. And couldnt get work off. I was on constant endone and high doses of ibuprofen, plus physio, and finally had a steroid injection directly into the inflamed ligaments, which helped immensely. I spent months with a granny walking frame and it was so hard. Finally it stopped. I freaked out thinking it would happen again when I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2, but it only happened the once, with my son, never again. I made sure with the next pregnancy that I didnt exert myself at all, and didnt attempt to walk long distances, and took everything slowly. It it happens once it doesnt mean it will happen again.
    Oh my goodness! Can't even imagine how debilitating that would've been. I suffered with mine but nowhere near to that extent.

I'm so glad to hear it didn't happen the second time round, thanks for sharing x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072  (28-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I adore being pregnant. I am so sad I will never be pregnant again. I was just thinking last night about how I won't ever feel a baby move inside me again and it was like a slap in the face. I'm also very good at being pregnant; I don't get nausea (well a little bit at the beginning of my second pregnancy, but never spewed and it wasn't debilitating, just annoying), my babies grew beautifully, I had zero difficulties or complications, everything was perfect.

Having said that, my second pregnancy was a twin pregnancy and the second half of it was a big physical strain. My belly was HUGE and so so tight. I was very impatient to have them out and found caring for my toddler quite challenging too. But now 5 months later I can hardly remember how crappy that part was, and just wish I could feel those kicks again.