+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I miss it. Can't wait for #3 but it's just not the right time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not at all. Hated it both times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i really loved being pregnant! i didn't really suffer and of the yucky symptoms too badly and felt comfortable probably right up until the week or 2 before my due date. i didn't put on much weight and was all baby, so i felt like myself for the most part, just with a big belly stuck to me. i probably felt more attractive then than i do now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think ALL my friends really enjoyed pregnancy, I would have liked to but it just didn't feel that way for me.
    My first I had morning (realistically all day) sickness until week 20, everyone told me it stopped at 12wks! Was so relieved when it was over only for the heart burn to begin- I seriously thought I was having a heart attack the first time , it was bought on by anything and everything, then the preeclampsia.
    The second was ok a lot of nausea, otherwise ok, but I just felt uncomfortable, and strangers trying to rub you, freaked me out.
    I found the second trimester the easiest though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am 33 weeks and have loved every bit! Although the exhaustion in the 1st tri was tough. I love looking at my changing body - it's just amazing what my body is doing 24/7 to grow another human being!!

I'm lucky to still be sleeping through the night and bub's movements don't hurt...yet. I'm fortunate that my first pregnancy has been how I'd imagined

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I physically enjoyed pregnancy. I loved watching my belly grow, and the belly kicks when they came. I didn't have even a day of morning sickness and to be honest, I probably had a really easy time being pregnant.
    What I didn't enjoy was the anxiety. From the day we found out we were having a baby, I didn't get a full night's sleep until DS was born. I was certain something would go wrong.
    This was me too.

Towards the end I didn't enjoy the hip pain I'd experience when lying down (especially as I had to be on bed rest for the last few weeks) or the swollen legs, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

It probably helped that I didn't experience even a day of morning sickness though. I think that would have changed my tune!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you like being pregnant?

I hated it. Compared to how rubbish I felt for the 9 months I was pregnant, both the labour and the early weeks of parenting have been an absolute walk in the park.

Aside from vomiting almost constantly for 9 months, my pubic bone split at around 34 weeks which was agonising. I also struggled big time with the changes to my body. I spent the last ten weeks or so feeling disgusted by my body. Never again! I found the experience to be a special kind of hell!

ETA: Apparently I already responded to this in much the same way while I was still pregnant. I must feel strongly about it
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 28-04-2017 at 08:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore being pregnant. I love everything about it. I love seeing the baby on ultrasound, I adore the kicking, even in the spleen, I just feel like creating a new life is so wonderous and incredible. I watch those online videos of conception thru to birth all the time when I am pregnant, I get addicted to those shows like "Call the Midwife" and anything about babies. I start feeling anxious in third trimester and usually get sciatica and am really uncomfortable, and labour is always terrifying, but I adore pregnancy. My very favourite time is that first pee on a stick that comes up with 2 lines... I just float around in my own little bubble and dream about my new baby growing. I also adore the newborn and baby stages. Mind I hate postpartum, and weight gain that doesnt go away for ages and I really want my body back, I also hate breastfeeding and dont find it bonding AT ALL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't mind it up until 28 weeks when I developed SPD and after that it was horrendous. Could barely walk and was in constant pain. It's put me off having a second as I don't know how I would cope if it was the same again especially with a toddler!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Furmumma View Post
    I didn't mind it up until 28 weeks when I developed SPD and after that it was horrendous. Could barely walk and was in constant pain. It's put me off having a second as I don't know how I would cope if it was the same again especially with a toddler!
    I got SPD after my son who is now 4, it took me 6 months to recover. I went through a period where I literally could not walk, could not lift my legs up at all not even a centimetre, I spent a week in hospital with my baby at my bedside and had to have a friend camp out in the corner of the hospital room because "the nurses are not there to look after the baby" and I couldnt get up to walk to make bottles or go over to his cot and pick him up to help him. *Hubby was useless at home alone with other children. And couldnt get work off. I was on constant endone and high doses of ibuprofen, plus physio, and finally had a steroid injection directly into the inflamed ligaments, which helped immensely. I spent months with a granny walking frame and it was so hard. Finally it stopped. I freaked out thinking it would happen again when I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2, but it only happened the once, with my son, never again. I made sure with the next pregnancy that I didnt exert myself at all, and didnt attempt to walk long distances, and took everything slowly. It it happens once it doesnt mean it will happen again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

Furmumma  (28-04-2017)