+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved my first pregnancy until 20 weeks, everything went downhill after that and DS was stillborn at 24 weeks.

This pregnancy has been awful. Physically I've had worse morning sickness but the biggest issue has been severe anxiety even now at 21 weeks after a perfect morph scan. I've needed to see a psychiatrist and take meds, I have nightmares about our belly bub being stillborn or me having major complications again.

I feel so sad that the innocence of pregnancy is gone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Simil  (04-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love being pregnant.

I don't particularly enjoy the constant nausea and extreme exhaustion of the first 12 weeks, but I also wouldn't say I hate it because I know what's coming and I love the planning and thinking about bub and scans and all that stuff.

Second and third trimester and birth I'd do over and over and over. Best times of my life.

I am so sad that I never get to do it again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (06-03-2017)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was happy to be pregnant. I had three pregnancies, and four children, so I was very efficient. I was young and healthy, and I had no problems. I would do it again if I was not past my thirties, but as I am nearly 60 it wont be happening. marie.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Simil  (04-05-2017),Yogis Mumma  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. I did not enjoy it one bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I enjoyed pregnancy. I never had any morning sickness both times, I loved my body, I loved feeling the kicks and rolls and having those 9 months just me and my baby, I loved how clear my skin was and that I could see all my freckles. I hated the heartburn and the lower back pain and didn't care much for my swollen feet, but all in all I couldn't complain.

I wasn't stressed at all, nor was I anxious, but maybe that's because I had no health or physical issues in my pregnancies.

I'm not sad I'm not having any more children, but I am so sad I'll never get to feel all of the movements and have that special bonding ever again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I'm 18.5 weeks and the birth can't come quick enough 😣 The only thing I like is the movement I feel but in general I really don't like it that my body's not my own anymore! I was a competitive powerlifter and couldn't even touch a barbell for the first 8 weeks because I was so sick and tired, and even now I can only handle 2-3 days at the gym for an hour at a time. I used to train 20 hours a week! I'm starting to eat better now but all I could keep down for the first 12 weeks were starchy carbs, which I really didn't want to eat, and I gained weight quickly. The weight gain had thankfully plateaued now but I don't like the extra fat. I feel as though I've lost my identity and I've struggled with a lot of depression and anxiety. Thankfully the hospital had been great with the level ofsupport they've provided and my husband is very supportive. I just can't wait until the baby's here and I can get my identity back and start parenting instead of incubating!!

So after that rant, my point is that you're definitely not alone 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now that my baby is here, I miss being pregnant! I have to keep reminding myself that I don't enjoy pregnancy (because otherwise I'd be trying to convince hubby to have another lol) but I do miss having a beautiful big belly to rub and feeling him roll around in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you like being pregnant?

Nope. I really disliked being pregnant. I had really bad morning sickness the whole 37 weeks I was pregnant and I didn't even get a bump to rub. I didn't look pregnant the day I gave birth, just like I ate too many pies

I also felt having a mc before this Bub took the innocence away and I was constantly in fear of losing him

IMG_1493328129.059246.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hated every single minute of it. But very grateful that I got to be pregnant after 2 losses. Will never ever do it again though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. I don't like being pregnant. The second time I didn't hate it as much as the first time, but I still didn't like it. The only thing I miss is the little prods and rolls. But my kids were pretty violent on the inside - not many of the prods and rolls were gentle, most of them downright hurt!