+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really enjoyed being pregnant I didn't love the nausea, acid reflux, breathlessness and heaviness, but that was all outweighed by how much I loved feeling them move, having the big rounded tummy, and feeling so amazing and special for creating life!
    I also like giving birth - not how painful it is, but feeling so powerful and strong after going through it. I feel like a rockstar after pushing a baby out drug free! 🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am currently almost 23 weeks pregnant with my first and I LOVE being pregnant!

To be fair, aside from some initial 'will it/won't it stick' issues I've had a very easy run of it so far - no symptoms until late in the first trimester, and even then still no MS or sore boobs.

When I think about giving birth to this one, I am both excited and sad at the same time. Excited to see bub of course, but sad that I'll no longer be pregnant. My belly is starting to grow now, I feel movement every day, and I just love it.

DH and I originally agreed that one would be our limit, but all being well we've reconsidered that and will definitely be going for a second. This whole experience has just been a joy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    First pregnancy, I didn't dislike but I didn't love. Second pregnancy I loved and can't wait for my next one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had morning sickness with very pregnancy after 11 pregnancies even though only 1 was successful, that's a lot of morning sickness! I only had about a month in the middle somewhere sickness free in DS' pregnancy. i did enjoy feeling him move around inside and was a bit sad when he was born that is was over. Just hope I can give him a sibling
    Last edited by Deskar; 04-03-2017 at 07:36. Reason: I can't count

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds awful, but being pregnant was one of the worst experiences of my life and I'd never do it again. I wanted a baby so very badly, it was all I'd ever wanted! And I can honestly say I've loved every moment of motherhood (yep, teething / sleepless nights / tantrums - I would do all that again!), but pregnancy was awful and so traumatic. Constant sickness and pain, not to mention the worry and anxiety. I was also in a very bad relationship and had no support which didn't help. I was so uncomfortable with all the changes in my body, all of them! It was a huge shock as it was all I had wanted for so long! And this doesn't even include the birth . Luckily I only planned on one child, because I couldn't do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you like being pregnant?

Like a few others, I have mixed feelings about being pregnant.
    I love knowing there's a baby growing inside me. I love feeling movements, and wondering about what my baby will be like. I even love watching my body change shape.
    However, I don't remotely like the other symptoms. The morning sickness, the light headedness, not being able to sleep with pains in my legs, the horrible heartburn, and just the general exhaustion. I never had that glowing phase when I was pregnant with dd and, 18 weeks in with no 2, there's still no sign of it this time either.

ETA: I'm with @TaylorMade about giving birth though. I love the feeling of power and marvelling at what my body has achieved! I'm actually really looking forward to doing it again.
    Last edited by BettyV; 04-03-2017 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did quite enjoy my 1st and 2nd pregnancies, even with the heartburn, insomnia and the morning sickness and SPD in my second pregnancy. After losing my daughter at 38+2 to a random accident I did not enjoy y third pregnancy in the least. Once you realize there really is no safe point and it can happen to anyone at any time, pregnancy is bloody terrifying.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did enjoy it after the first trimester. I love the big belly and the kicks, and didn't really suffer too many aches and pains, slept well etc.
    After my last I really missed being pregnant (but definitely didn't want a baby), but as the years have gone on I'm really glad to not have to be pregnant again, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 was my 3rd pregnancy that but my first that went to term. I didn't enjoy it at all like we should only because of my exh who was physically, mentally and emotionally abusing me. DS2 I enjoyed a lot more as I had someone to enjoy it with me then things got complicated at 20 wks when we found out the placenta was starting to drop into my cervix. So in turn it was stressful and I always had that worry in my head that something was going to go wrong. I carried very low like I was going to go into labour every day. We lasted until 37 wks until I had my c-sec and I was on strict bedrest from 32 wks which should of been 28wks but financially we couldn't afford it. I was lucky my boss changed my duties and let me do what I wanted with no stress what so ever