+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Do you like being pregnant?

Being a long term TTC'er ... I was so incredibly happy to fall pregnant when it finally happened. I was over the moon

for about 2 days

After that - while I was happy that my dreams of a family were finally coming true, I was so miserable. I really did NOT enjoy being pregnant.

Yes growing a little life was amazing and wonderful - but my emotions and hormones were all over the place, I had the most extreme fatigue I have ever experienced, felt sick 100% of the time and was just so miserable.

While I really love my DD - and did desperately want another baby - I am happy to never have to experience that again.

But I know lots of my friends loved being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I know there is another thread about the word hate, but it really wouldn't be going too far to say I hated being pregnant. It took so long and so much effort to get pregnant, I had dreams of the glow and enjoying it all.

Instead I had morning sickness for the first 12 weeks and then a retroplacental hematoma which landed me in hospital for a number of blood transfusions and bed rest until 24 weeks. Then I was an emotional mess for the rest of the pregnancy.

It will just be one child for us because I never want to go through pregnancy again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did not like being pregnant for 90% of the time with DD (she was my 2nd). That was due to extreme morning sickness for the first 18 weeks or so and then moderate morning sickness for the remainder.

With DS it was not that I didn't like it but anxiety made it a pretty stressful pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are aspects of it that I like, like rubbing my hands on my big, smooth belly, and when hubby just randomly gives my belly a rub / pat out of nowhere. And I like how caring a lot of people are to me when I'm pregnant, e.g. my dad treats me like both of my legs have fallen off; constantly offering me food and drinks if I'm sitting down and often getting them even if I say I'm fine lol. Feeling baby moving all the time is also something I love; it's like mine and baby's own little secret because no one else knows he's awake at the time but me.

But there are also a lot of elements I don't enjoy which is why I'm happy to stop at 2 and part of the reason we delayed having number 2 for 4 years after #1. The feeling of helplessness - I would love to be able to do all the stuff we need to get done on weekends but hubby often finds himself doing errands on his own of an afternoon because my energy is just non-existent. Swollen, tight, painful ankles, pretty much constant heartburn, back pain, difficulty sleeping. Not to forget morning sickness early on. But I honestly have nothing to complain about, compared to what others go through and even compared to my last pregnancy this one has been a breeze, but I'm definitely not someone who loves pregnancy and loves the idea of being pregnant.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I physically enjoyed pregnancy. I loved watching my belly grow, and the belly kicks when they came. I didn't have even a day of morning sickness and to be honest, I probably had a really easy time being pregnant.
    What I didn't enjoy was the anxiety. From the day we found out we were having a baby, I didn't get a full night's sleep until DS was born. I was certain something would go wrong.
    The only physical things I didn't like were the bleeding on and off until around 18 weeks and the horrific restless leg I got. The only thing that would soothe it was warm showers and some nights I would have 3-4 showers. My skin ended up so dry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I physically enjoyed pregnancy. I loved watching my belly grow, and the belly kicks when they came. I didn't have even a day of morning sickness and to be honest, I probably had a really easy time being pregnant.
    What I didn't enjoy was the anxiety. From the day we found out we were having a baby, I didn't get a full night's sleep until DS was born. I was certain something would go wrong.
    The only physical things I didn't like were the bleeding on and off until around 18 weeks and the horrific restless leg I got. The only thing that would soothe it was warm showers and some nights I would have 3-4 showers. My skin ended up so dry!
    Belly kicks and rolls were cool with DS.

Belly kicks and rolls with DD meant the nausea went from okish to blergh. And DD loved rolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I loved it, I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was nearly 12 weeks so had no initial stress or worry and was probably the healthiest I've ever been, I lost weight as I was eating so well and walking daily, I was a lot calmer and less stressed than I was before getting pregnant and even the day I had my Caesarean DH was shocked as I was so calm and happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I absolutely loved it, I would have loved to have another pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope I didn't like it and I am definitely one and done!
    We had 2 years of fertility treatment/ivf to have dd so you kind of feel guilty complaining but I will anyway
    Found it highly stressful worrying about each milestone - getting the positive blood test, scan for heartbeat and confirm viable pregnancy, then a bleed then there's the 12 week tests and then the 20 week tests then it's making it to viability stage then getting to having a term baby. That was so stressful! And the constant worrying have I done something to damage her in gestation
    I had symphysis pubis dysfunction from about 11 weeks. I was in constant pain and couldn't walk at some stages. Both of my big toes were numb due to nerve impingement and I had carpal tunnel. It was f!&$ing hideous to be honest.
    Then I developed preeclampsia at 31 weeks and endured multiple hospital visits every week as my ob tried to get me as far as possible. I had the biggest cankles and my airways and face swelled up so snored like an old man and had to move into the spare room
    Then having my dd early and me being in icu when she was born and missing her first couple of days and both of us in hospital for 2 weeks after due to complications. Nothing went right for us along the way but she's here, 20 months old and totally adorable. But nope never again.
    The only thing I enjoyed was feeling her growing in my belly and tickling me on my side with her little hands

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (04-03-2017)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I loved being pregnant. Wish I could always feel the way I did during the 2nd trimester.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (04-03-2017),TheGooch  (04-03-2017)