+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I read somewhere once that muscle mass declines as we age if we don't regularly exercise, and since more muscles means faster metabolism, it makes sense that we will put on weight if we change nothing about our activity level or calorie intake.
    Important to constantly challenge ourselves physically and watch our portion size as we get older. Diet really is important as well.
    I'm 39 and am slimmer than I was at 20, and have generally maintained that ever since. I was a slim child and teenager, but briefly gained a couple of dress sizes at age 18-19. Snapped out of the emotional eating and lost the weight between ages 20-22 by good diet and exercise. I've definitely noticed that I have to be more and more careful with my diet as the years go by.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do believe it is harder to loose weight when you are older, but simple changes can make a difference. Leave food on your plate, avoid eating junk, find some exercise that you can do each day for 30 mins. Eat mindfully. Don't deny yourself anything that you really want, but just eat a small amount. If you love timtams, eat only one and put the rest into the freezer. Don't focus on the numbers on the scale, focus on you and your health. marie.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (02-03-2017),SoThisIsLove  (02-03-2017)