+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shebes View Post
    I might be wrong as it has been a while since I rented, but isn't it the tennants responsibility to ensure all the light bulbs are working when they vacate a property. Therefore the RE agent should have ensured they were working. I would therefore expect when I move in to a property as a renter that all bulbs are working. They may want to protect themselves from the cost when they vacate????
    The previous tenants were unbelievably bad.

The PM obviously missed the spaghetti stains on the kitchen blinds and the filthy showers when they moved out (for example) and just gave them back the bond

We r interstate so we had no idea until we switched agents and they told us the property was very dirty.

I've been a landlord and tenant myself. I have no idea how someone could let any property that they were residing in get that dirty.

Anyways, we're going to get FIL to come in and change the globes. The cabinet light we r thinking of disconnecting all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Landlord/tenancy question

That is so frustrating. When we had an investment property I remember how picky the PM was before we rented it out and we thought that would be a sign they would keep the property well maintained. But after a number of hand overs (and we were interstate also, so took the RE word), the property declined. It is so upsetting when it was your home...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Ok, here's another question...

They want to charge me $45 to change 2 lightglobes - the range hood & oven.

To the renters out there- do you not change this yourselves?

When we first moved interstate we rented and we changed all globes by ourselves!!

What's the rule here!!??
    We change them ourselves, however if it's the landlords problem then it's up to the landlord who replaces them and where they are purchased. I pretty sure tenants can't buy/replace/fix things without authorisation and ask the landlord to pay for them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For the cabinet light as its of no use id get it disabled permanently as in wires to the light ended off and popped back into the wall.
    Make sure you get it noted on your property file so it doesnt become an issue ever again