+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Australia Zoo

We have just decided to make the trip down to take DS to Australia Zoo. We're going tomorrow, after day care because we aren't sure when we will get another opportunity. He's been such a little champ adapting to having a baby sister, and he's been obsessed with animals lately, so think he'll enjoy it even if it will mean big days for him.

DS is 2 years. DD is 2 weeks. I'm recovering from a c-section. I know we sound crazy. I figure if I'm struggling DD and I can sit in the shade for a bit while DH takes DS to look at animals in the area before moving on to the next part. We'll take the pram and the baby carrier. They're the only ideas I have to manage.

Any suggestions on accommodation? We're looking to stay 2 nights. We have looked at Oaks Oasis because it looks super kid friendly.

Can we buy food, or are we better off taking our own?

If we decide one day at the zoo is enough, do you have suggestions for what we could do the next day before we head home?

Any tips and suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All I can say is make sure you see the 12 o'clock main arena show, and make sure you walk over to the animal hospital on the other side of the car park.
    My absolute favourite parts!

We stayed with family up there so can't comment on accom sorry.

Definately take your own food as its expensive. We took our lunch and ate it while watching the arena show at 12.

Use the free bus to get around rather than walking if you get tired as it is massive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have not been there in years. But honestly - I found a 2 week old easier to deal with than a bub that has 'woken up'.

Try not to walk too much though - I have not had a CS but even with a VB I found that I needed to slow down a little.

It is cooler for the next few days although it is rainy. So maybe check out the weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can buy food they have a really good selection. There's lots of walking plan your day around using he little shuttle where you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Use the shuttle bus when you can as it's a massive park with lots of walking. As you've had the c-sec walking in bitumen for hours on end won't help you much though so please rest when you can

Take your own food as it's ridiculously expensive there. We took sandwiches and lots of water to drink

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took DS in September. We were in qld for a wedding anyway. We bought food there, it was a bit expensive but we found it so much easier. DS and df are so fussy with food I couldn't bothered trying to satisfy lol.

DS loved it so much. Definitely use the shuttle when you can and the midday show was great!! DS was tired but oh man did he chirp up when he seen it lol.

Lots of people love going to the animal hospital zoo.. we didn't bother. DS was kind of over it by that time.

We got there not long after it opened and spent all day there. We left the car park and DS was sound asleep

We stayed over near the Sunshine Coast airport but that was convenience.. we were flying out of there the next day.