+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI pregnancy- decreasing prog + hcg issues

Hi ladies
    Not sure if anyone has experienced decreasing progesterone levels while taking progesterone pessaries. I am on 400mg daily. My progesterone levels were nice and high at 119 then 96 then 84 and now 54, all 1 week apart. Not sure why it's happening. Waiting to hear back from the FS. A fertility nurse where i had the iui blankly told me my diagnosis is guarded as to if this pregnancy is viable with hcg levels rising just below doubling range. Not what i need to hear after countless miscarriages and hanging onto hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How reassuring of your clinic - NOT!

I did IVF, not IUI, but it can be completely normal for progesterone levels to fluctuate. Most FS's prefer your progesterone to be above 30 so at this point I wouldn't be at all concerned with your readings. Mine actually dropped to 14 early on, and yet here I sit - still pregnant!

As long as your HCG is doubling/almost doubling I wouldn't worry too much about that either. HCG is not an exact science and many ladies are holding bubs who came from slow rising HCG environments! Near enough is good enough I think.

I'm not sure if this will help ease your worry or not, but as an example here were my progesterone readings in early pregnancy. You can see how much they go up and down!

4w3d 14 (Increased pessaries from 3 to 4 per day at this point)
    4w5d 92.5
    5w 51.2
    5w3d 124.5
    6w3d 202.3

Hang in there!

ETA: My FS directed me to start doing my pessaries up the back door instead of vaginally. Not much fun BUT they did absorb so much better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Babee4Me  (27-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Blossom,
    You do ease my anxiety. The FN is quite blunt. I increased the pessaries by 1 tonight. I put them in vaginally as I just inserted them 10 mins ago lol. But i will try your method and try up the back side. I'm willing to give it a go if it may help. How far pregnant are you now? All the best xox

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Babee4Me For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pregnancy with DD started as a IVF cycle but ended up as a IUI as I didn't respond to the drugs. My progesterone levels fluctuated several times & they just increased the pessaries. DD is now 3

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybump08 For This Useful Post:

Babee4Me  (27-02-2017),Blossom74  (28-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babee4Me View Post
    Thank you Blossom,
    You do ease my anxiety. The FN is quite blunt. I increased the pessaries by 1 tonight. I put them in vaginally as I just inserted them 10 mins ago lol. But i will try your method and try up the back side. I'm willing to give it a go if it may help. How far pregnant are you now? All the best xox
    Increasing the pessaries certainly won't hurt - you can't have too much of a good thing when it comes to progesterone

I'm just over 22 weeks now. Still can't believe it, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's worth giving it a go. I have a scan on march 6th so that will tell me either way what's happening. I have good symptoms and feel fine. Praying my peppercorn was just 1 wk behind and floated around in utero before implanting. 22 weeks is awesome. You will be feeling baby move now. ☺

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Babee4Me For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babee4Me View Post
    I think it's worth giving it a go. I have a scan on march 6th so that will tell me either way what's happening. I have good symptoms and feel fine. Praying my peppercorn was just 1 wk behind and floated around in utero before implanting. 22 weeks is awesome. You will be feeling baby move now. ☺

All. Day. Long.

Night times too!

So how far along will you be at your scan? If you're 6+ weeks hopefully you should be able to see something, mind you....I was told I had an empty sac right up to the 8 week mark. I'd gone back for one last scan to confirm it was ok to move forward with a D&C and voila, there was bub!

My point is ... sometimes they just grow at their own rates. So *IF* you don't see a HB at that point (or, *IF* you don't see a HB, your bub, a fetal pole OR the yolk sac) don't give up hope. It could still be too early at that point

Good luck hon! And please keep me posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting feeling bub move... eeek.. so beautiful! ❤
    I had a scan last friday and measured 5wk +3.. saw gestational sac and yolk sac. Everything seems fine but to early. I go back on March 6th for another scan.