+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default VBAC with ovarian cyst

At my first ultrasound, they found a "simple cyst" on my right ovary (which was causing me some discomfort, at times very painful but only for 10 seconds and only a couple of times per week) but said it was likely to go away itself. My GP wasn't concerned and said even if it doesn't go away, unless it was causing me a lot of pain she wouldn't do anything about it during pregnancy. Somewhere around 15-ish weeks it stopped causing discomfort, but now at 35 weeks the discomfort has come back and verges on being painful, though not as bad as early on, and again not frequently and only for short periods.

I am planning on having a VBAC, but am concerned that I might get confused with this discomfort / pain from my cyst compared to uterine rupture as my scar sits over the top of my ovary.

My next midwife appointment isn't until next week so I just thought I'd ask here if anyone has experienced this. Has anyone else had a VBAC with a painful ovarian cyst? Did being in labour make your cyst hurt, was there any confusion over whether it was your scar or cyst?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bumping for the night time crowd