+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back to back IVF cycle

Hi, just found out today that im not pregnant after my first cycle 😔 Just wondering if anyone had done back to back cycle and if you got pregnant? I know its recommended to wait a month but did it affect your body differently than the previous cycle? Thanks 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Adamsmumma sorry to hear your first cycle didn't work. Did you have any embies to freeze? I did a back to back Fresh-Frozen for my first and second cycle and that was fine. Had a chemical but as soon as HCG was back to 0 (maybe 2-3 weeks) went straight into fresh cycle. I guess the only issue with doing back-to-back fresh is if your ovaries are still really swollen from your first. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks i didnt have any frozen ones, out of the 7 eggs only 1 fertilised. I spoke to my fs and he recommended i wait a month to clean out everything so i have a month off then start again. Now hoping that my periods come on time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back to back fresh stim cycles generally aren't recommended as it puts a fair bit of strain on your poor ovaries and can negatively impact on egg quality. It also puts you at higher risk for OHSS, so as awful as all the waiting time can be in this process a little break will do you good.

Back to back fresh/frozen or frozen/fresh is usually fine because the amount of stimulation you get on a medicated FET cycle is minimal.