+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Crying/screaming every morning around breakfast time

My son screams every morning while I'm making breakfast during breakfast and after breakfast when I'm trying to clean. He wakes up everyone and gives me anxiety. I thought he wanted to feed himself but he still screams and cries for no reason. It's really hard to take. I know he has no reason to be doing this. What can I do? When I try to stop him by asking him what's wrong or telling him to stay quiet he screams even more. After all that he is fine we're back to normal again but by this stage my head hurts and I'm left in a bad mood. Please help
    Last edited by Rachael3; 25-02-2017 at 08:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How old is he?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry he is 18 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He won't be able to tell you when you ask yet.

He could just be waking up/cranky and not want breakfast at that time.

Have you tried reading quiet books with him? Playing? Maybe getting him to 'help' in the kitchen?

Or just hold/wear him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @twinklify has suggested what I was going to say. He's had a full nights sleep had milk/breaky and now wants to have play time with you and not be ignored. Ds for me is the same we get up have breaky and it's playtime for a while before he goes down for his morning nap. This is when I do my cleaning.

How long has it been going on ? Is there a possibility that there is a tooth cutting ? Ie 2 yr old molars

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Crying/screaming every morning around breakfast time

Thx ladies Its been going on for a while now months. I think he wants breakfast first he pulls me to the kitchen but maybe I should try playtime or read a book before. He follows me around after so I can pick him up but I ignore him and put our plates in the dishwasher but he screams before and during breakfast so it's not just then. He can't settle himself he just keeps screaming. Will try your ideas see how it goes . Thanks heaps x
    Last edited by Rachael3; 25-02-2017 at 10:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where is he when he starts screaming - eg if he's confined to the high chair, maybe he wants to be out and on a stool to see what's going on at a closer range, or maybe you could try popping a couple of cheerios or sultanas in front of him to occupy him while you prep?

Is it possible he's already "hangry" by the time you're doing brekky? I give my LO a sippy cup about 1/4 filled with milk when he first wakes and it buys me time for brekky prep.