+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    What I don't understand is so many people saying they sacrifice time with their children to work on Sunday's... What is the difference between this or a mother working mon- fri and putting her child in day care??? Most mothers are sacrificing time with their children (unless they are school aged)
    Totally agree with you and then there are parents that put their kids in daycare when they don't need, but I think 1 day a week is good to have some space but I know of parents that put their kids in 5 days a week and they don't even work

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wont affect me personally but I am sad for those it will affect. Some of the jobs that work on weekends are probably poorer paid already.
    Certainly getting better money for weekend work helped get me through uni, I did a course with a lot of prac subjects so I didn't have much free time during the week so weekends were my main source of income at that point. I'm sure it will affect a lot of other students.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband works in a pharmacy, their award wages are very ordinary but he receives above award as outlined in his contract, so he doesn't expect this to affect the very rare Sunday shift he has done. Hopefully it doesn't change the circumstances of the person who has agreed to do Sunday shifts I'm sure related to the penalty rates. If they do decide it isn't worth their while again it will likely mean the full time staff will again have to find a way to cover that shift, possibly getting a weekday off in return. A weekend shift means he works from 9-7 in the shop as the only pharmacist and therefore no scheduled break as a pharmacist must be looking after the shop at all times.