+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post vasectomy

Long story...

I have a medical condition and because of it, after our second baby, my husband and i decided on a vasectomy as i am unable to go on hormonal contraception. That was about 18 months ago.

We both wanted another baby but with me being sick it was best to be happy with the 2 healthy babies that we already have.

Lately ive been really clucky and asking my hubby about having another baby. I even contacted an ivf clinic to see if they are able to extract sperm from him to do ivf.

Then 13 days ago i ovulated (late in my cycle) and that night my husband and i did what husbands and wives do. It was the best i have ever had. My first ever orgasm.

Now i am 4 days late for my period. The reasons why i think i might be pregnant are because:
    I'm late
    It only takes one sperm
    My husband didnt follow the rules post vasectomy so may have messed something up
    I had just ovulated
    Orgasm can assist a sperm to get to an egg
    I have been showing some symptoms on and off
    We haven't had problemms getting pregnant in the past. Both times were first try.

So I'm hoping I'm pregnant, but worried about my sickness, but hopeful because of all the reasons above but not hopeful because of the vasectomy...

When should i do a preg test??

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your period is late, you can test now. Should work any time of day. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    But wasn't the vasectomy 18 months ago?? I would've thought that's heaps of time for it to work. I assume you've been DTD in the meantime...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would think if it hadn't worked and you were very fertile you would have already had a surprise?

How was his 6month sperm analysis?

As others have said their is only one way to know for sure and that's to test.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Slacker

My hubby never went back to get tested so we dont know.sorry i dont know all the abbreviations. My hubby did actually mention about already having a surprise but we havent seemed to be active at the right times much. I take pretty good notes of things like this for situations like this. I also did a preg test 2 days ago which was negative but have read online over and over people getting negative and a few days/ a week later there's a positive. They mostly reckon that they ovulated late which means late implantation which means there prob wasn't enough hcg. Its 2 weeks tomorrow since ovulation.
    Last edited by rosmol; 23-02-2017 at 19:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosmol View Post
    My hubby never went back to get tested so we dont know.sorry i dont know all the abbreviations.
    Ok I'll say it without abbreviations: assuming you've had unprotected sex since the vasectomy, and you're supposedly very fertile, I would imagine you would already have gotten pregnant LONG ago if the vasectomy didn't work.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am  (23-02-2017),rosmol  (23-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you know you ovulated 13 days ago and your period is 4 days late, this means your leutal phase is only 9 days. This is very short, typically a woman will mensurate 14 days after her ovulation, and a shorter phase can make it much harder to fall pregnant. What method do you use to track ovulation?

I agree with the other's though, if you fell preg easily in the past, you've been having s3x regularly for the past 18m and the vasectomy was not effective, an accident would probably have happened already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can empathise with you wanting to be pregnant.
    My husband never went back to check if his vasectomy worked. For a few months when I knew we had been together when I was fertile I did think maybe it didn't work. I knew we were done having kids but I had either been ttc or pregnant for the last 9 years before the vasectomy so it took me a good while to let go that we weren't having any more babies.

Truth is that this long after and no oops it's very unlikely your husband still has his fertility.
    The chances of vasectomy not working are very slim. I read a ton of things about it on one cycle where I felt I was pregnant. Just good old hormones for me.
    If you're late and the test is negative the general idea is either your aren't pregnant or you ovulated later than you thought and it's too soon to tell.

If you decided you were done maybe you need to revisit why you made that choice?
    I get clucky too and it was really really hard deciding to be done even though I knew it was the right thing. Even now two years later I still feel a bit sad that I'll never be pregnant again even though my pregnancies caused me a lot of pain.

Maybe your husband should get the test done so you can know for sure.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

rosmol  (23-02-2017),Wise Enough  (23-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I have felt pregnant. The same distinctive symptoms I had when pregnant. But I'm not getting any so I knew it couldn't be real . If I was in a relationship I would have sworn I was.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

sarah1502  (06-06-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I want to be gentle here.
    You posted a similar thread in 2016 thinking you might be pregnant.
    If that didn't trigger you and your DH to do whatever follow up tests there are after vasectomies, it makes me wonder if you're regretting the vasectomy decision? Pregnant or not, I'd perhaps consider chatting to someone, a counsellor perhaps, about your feelings.
    You're hoping you're pregnant, what does your husband want?
    I have no idea if you're pregnant, only a test will tell you for sure.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

dani251  (06-06-2017)