+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want to get rid of the formula top ups, just get it out of your house so the temptation is not there. Up your water intake and pump after feeds for a few days to get your supply up. There's a chance that bubs isn't getting the creamy hind milk and so therefore is not as satisfied. I also just wanted to say what a great start you are giving your baby with the breast milk! It's not always easy but hopefully with some perseverance you'll get there! Goodluck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It does not have to be either BM or Formula. Your feeding journey can be both. So please do not feel like you need to wean.

I have a friend with IGT. This means she cannot exclusively BF.

But her last baby she BF for almost 3 years as she supplemented formula. Her current bub she is supplementing donor milk but she is still BF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wrote the biggest post and lost it all. Have to cook dinner now so will keep this brief.

Good on you for persevering with breastfeeding sounds like you are doing a fantastic job.

To increase your supply breastfeed as much as possible. Supply equals demand and demand equals supply.

Do you offer the breast when bub is crying even if you have just finishing feeding?

You could also compress your breast as bub feeds to help milk the hind milk. You kinda just squeeze with your hand.

ABA has a great web site with heaps of information.
    Also the facebook group breastfeeding for yummy mummies is an awesome resource with many ladies posting similar issues to you and been given some fantastic advice.
    Last edited by Skye Baby; 07-03-2017 at 17:55. Reason: spelling mistake (auto correct lol)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skye Baby For This Useful Post:

pr0ud Mummy  (08-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all the support ladies. I'm taking a lactation supplement too .. some days I feel fuller and definitely feed better but some days I just feel like I have no milk again.
    Bub feeds on each side for about 5-10 mins before pulling off and not wanting to go back on.. or he goes back on and cries while trying to suck.

I can't just take the formula out of the house or I will have a screaming baby that I can't satisfy.. that's how I feel.
    I have come to terms with it a bit now but I still feel guilty of I pull out a bottle in public after doing a short bf

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are doing an amazing job! Bf is hard work.

I had a lot of trouble with my supply when my little girl was born, her first week was formula then I was able to mix feed. I was determined to bf so with the help of an LC I slowly reduced the amount of formula until she was exclusively bf. I took it really slowly, over about 3-4 months.

She then bf for just over 2 years. I created a monster. not that I would have it any other way.

I would bf both sides, twice, then top up with a bottle. I demand fed, I would keep offering each side until she didn't want bf. Then I would offer the bottle.

I also took motilium through my dr.

Don't worry about anyone else. This journey is about you and your bub. You do what you need to do. I know that is easier said then done, especially with strangers and public places.