ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Meant to quote not thank but maybe she had also circled the carpark 5 times and needed to get home.

I sometimes wish they did not exist. The horrible things I have read about what people say about those that 'abuse the system' is disgusting.

And as for your keying comment that did not come off as jokey to me either.
    Or was in pain, picking up important medication for someone that needed it asap, had a disabled permit but couldn't find a spot; There are so many reasons why someone may need that parking space more than someone just because they're a parent.

I'm like you. They're probably more hassle than they're worth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Or was in pain, picking up important medication for someone that needed it asap, had a disabled permit but couldn't find a spot; There are so many reasons why someone may need that parking space more than someone just because they're a parent.

I'm like you. They're probably more hassle than they're worth.
    I agree - they are just a marketing ploy for big chains to get more shoppers...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't use a pram spot usually as I park in disability (I have a parking permit) and I don't think there should be age limit. Our son is almost 3 ASD and I find it stressful going to shops when I do go RARELY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I could care less where people park or who uses these car spots. I prefer parking away from the store and walking as i think its safer. What did we all do before these car parks exsisted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to my local Westfield this morning. Grabbed a pram park downstairs. When I come out an ignorant **** decides to take the only wheel chair spot opp me. A few people had a go from a distance and no he didn't have a permit etc nor was he disabled unless you count he smelt like a brewery. The lady that was going to go into the spot was actually in need of the spot. She ended up in a regular spot but couldn't get out of her car because she couldn't put her wheel chair together. I was so ****ed off for her. A couple guys came over and helped her out, the poor girl she was so embarrassed. The guys reported the other driver to the council and they where going to come over and fine him so he won't like that $450 dollar fine. Serves him right

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Went to my local Westfield this morning. Grabbed a pram park downstairs. When I come out an ignorant **** decides to take the only wheel chair spot opp me. A few people had a go from a distance and no he didn't have a permit etc nor was he disabled unless you count he smelt like a brewery. The lady that was going to go into the spot was actually in need of the spot. She ended up in a regular spot but couldn't get out of her car because she couldn't put her wheel chair together. I was so ****ed off for her. A couple guys came over and helped her out, the poor girl she was so embarrassed. The guys reported the other driver to the council and they where going to come over and fine him so he won't like that $450 dollar fine. Serves him right
    This frustrates me no end. My mother is in a wheelchair and the number of time the disabled parks are full of cars with no permit is unreal!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I try not to pay too much attention to who parks in the pram spots - otherwise it can easily become an internal game of "I feel I deserve this spot more than they do". I don't find it healthy to dwell on it. I mean, sure I love the wider car parks, and being closer to the entrance, so of course I would love to always have my own pram spot reserved just for me or others who I feel are worthy but if I get a spot, great, if not, fine.
    I always take my double pram into the shops for my two youngest, & if I'm doing a big shop (like westfield) I've triple-prammed it with either the skateboard on the back for the oldeat child, or I will babywear the littlest and the oldest 2 on the double pram (this was with 3 kids under 4).

Disabled parking is another story - pram parks are just a convenience, whereas disabled parks are a legality and neccessity. I would NEVER judge whether someone was 'worthy' of a disabled park based on their appearance, because so many disabilities are invisible. I would judge based on whether they had a permit though, and would not take matters into my own hands towards the person, but would let centre management know if someone parked in a disabled spot without a permit.