+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also think it is more for parents with young children spot instead of parents using a pram spot... I mean what is it about using a pram that requires a set space? They have wheels so there really is no difference whether the space is closer or further away... Also kids are strapped in so the bolt factor is not there.

The only thing I see is that they are a bit wider so getting young children in and out is much easier and avoids damage to neighbouring cars... Neither are exclusive to just kids in prams but kids in general...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-02-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default WDYT: Too old for parents with prams parking?

I admit it annoys me a bit when people get all huffy when others use them. I mean they're a convenience for sure but not an entitlement IMHO

I have no drama if an elderly couple use it or someone who is injured or really a tradie who has worked 14 hours or a mother who is at the end of her rope with older children and there is no other spot on that level....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the term parents with prams is just to make it clear that it's for those with younger children, not specifically that you *have* to be using a pram.

To the above comment about having to hold back from keying cars, grow up. They're courtesy parks, not law.

I don't think I've ever parked in one. Personally, I prefer to park further away so I have more space to get the kids in and out of the car, load the pram up etc.
    As for others using the spaces, I couldn't care who it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If your child is old enough to get themselves into the car and do up their own seat belt then you probably don't need to use the parks anymore. If you're still having to wrangle them into the car and get their harness done up for them then it's all good.

I honestly couldn't care less who uses them though, pram parks are a non issue for me, I tend not to use them any more even though I have 4 children ranging from 1-7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think if they're still in a pram it's fine at whatever age.

I never use them because every single shop I go to has them in the most ridiculous spots. One shop has masses of undercover/shaded parking but any parents with prams spots are out in the rain or baking sun. Stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding of the purpose of those parks was for people with children in child restraints regardless of their age? They aren't there because they are closer to the door, they are there because they are wider and parents can then safely put their children in their seats without bumping the door on the car next to you. The way people get fined for those parks is not if you have no pram in your car it's if you have no child restraint in your car as it's a park for parents with children in car seats not parents with strictly prams..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I think the term parents with prams is just to make it clear that it's for those with younger children, not specifically that you *have* to be using a pram.

To the above comment about having to hold back from keying cars, grow up. They're courtesy parks, not law.

I don't think I've ever parked in one. Personally, I prefer to park further away so I have more space to get the kids in and out of the car, load the pram up etc.
    As for others using the spaces, I couldn't care who it is.
    Ermmm, the keying the car comment was said tongue in cheek - a joke - relax!!
    Yesterday a 20 something hopped out of her Merc, no kids, just wanted a good car spot. Meanwhile I have to drive around the busy car park with a crying baby in the back because people use and abuse the system. I realise it's a courtesy spot. I *courteously* never used one before I had a kid. So don't be rude.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (23-02-2017),twinklify  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Yesterday a 20 something hopped out of her Merc, no kids, just wanted a good car spot. Meanwhile I have to drive around the busy car park with a crying baby in the back because people use and abuse the system. I realise it's a courtesy spot. I *courteously* never used one before I had a kid. So don't be rude.
    Meant to quote not thank but maybe she had also circled the carpark 5 times and needed to get home.

I sometimes wish they did not exist. The horrible things I have read about what people say about those that 'abuse the system' is disgusting.

And as for your keying comment that did not come off as jokey to me either.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never gotten into an argument on bubhub and not about to start either. Bye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    "I have to hold back from keying their car" was your only insight to your opinion on the topic... it didn't come across as tongue in cheek.
    Given you have those thoughts, maybe you're the one that needs to relax.