ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a pram aged baby but can never get a spot. Our local Westfield doesn't have enough spots and people with car seats tend to use them. I've seen kids that must be close to 8years get out of cars with their parents...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've seen people with no kids and no prams using the spots on more than one occasion. I have to hold back from keying their cars.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (21-02-2017),sarahjane914  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must admit, it doesn't overly bother me. I can never get a good park, even before having a baby. I went back to my car pre baby once and two cars had parked next to my car so closely that I had to climb through the boot to get in. I'm that person! @BB77 it sounds like we shop at the same place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sit with the "people with young children" camp. I don't often use a pram with DS, because he had lost interest in sitting in it, and because I can't use a trolley and the pram at the same time. Also, when I was pregnant I just couldn't lift the pram at the end. And now I can't lift anything heavier than bub for another 5 weeks at least. With a toddler and a newborn, I'd be upset if someone thought I was taking advantage of the parks just because I can't use the pram at the moment.
    I've seen the spot used by the elderly, parents with car seats in the car but no kids with them, parents with older kids, and once by a morbidly obese man who had to open the door wider than most and probably would have damaged someone else's car while trying to get into his car. While I understand some uses, the people with no kids with them really irritate me. Especially since there are hardly any easily accessible parking spots at our shopping centres.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

sproutx3  (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they should be limited to under 5's or if Mum is heavily pregnant. Parents with only school age kids + shouldn't be allowed to park there. Neither should it be allowed for parents to park there and leave the kids in the car whilst they or an older age kid runs into the shops. Just my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got no issue with kids in prams but what I don't like is people who have no kids or no kids with them using the damned things

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in a very family friendly area and the parents with prams parks are always full so have never needed to make the call of whether I should / shouldn't be using them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think if you're using a pram for your child (be that a baby or an older child) it's obviously valid to park there.

If you don't have a child in a pram, park in a regular spot.

I wouldn't frown on a family with young children using the spot (without a pram), though I do think those with no kids in tow are discourteous by parking there. I'm talking about lazy able-bodied gits who just want to have a spot close to the shops. That's rude IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If there is a pram then I dont really think it matters how old the child is.

I stopped using them for DD when she started walking safely in the car park (Hold hands properly etc) from car to shops. I see them more as Parent parks so there could be a myriad of reason why a parent stops there. I have no problem if it's so an older child can run in to grab milk, or they have a school aged child who could probably walk from a normal car park. For all I know that kid has impulse control issues and cant be trusted when in a car park. Maybe there's a disability I'm not seeing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are capable of walking safely through a car park now, but I used them if one was free until that point...which was beyond pram stage. Ours aren't bigger here, though...just a standard car park closer to the shops. I never cared who used them, tbh. They're a courteous park and nothing more. I know my cousin has used them before when her fibromyalgia has been bad...no kids, can't get a disable permit but sometimes in absolute agony and just needs to get in and out with as little walking as possible. There are so many invisible illnesses, and I don't think a pram trumps someone with chronic pain.
    Of course, some people might just park there because they don't care...but I was never going to let that possibility upset my day. It's just a car park.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (22-02-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (22-02-2017),zelda  (22-02-2017)