+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default CQUni STEPS

Hi hubbers!

Wondering if anyone else is doing the STEPS program through CQUni this year? I start in a couple of weeks on campus (very excited!). Next year I am starting my Bachelor of Nursing and then Midwifery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi SheWarrior,
    are you starting Bachelor of Nursing in 2018. I just got my offer today, so trying to take it all in and understand how it works as distant study. I also then want to do the Midwifery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by plsjust1more View Post
    Hi SheWarrior,
    are you starting Bachelor of Nursing in 2018. I just got my offer today, so trying to take it all in and understand how it works as distant study. I also then want to do the Midwifery.
    I am indeed. Congrats on getting your letter of offer! Are you through CQU? If so there are some really good groups on fb as well as UCROO (the uni’s version on fb). I had an email from a final year student saying she will be in touch as a mentor too. I know quite a few who have done or are doing nursing via distance and they have all said there is so much support. I’m doing distance this term for my final subject in STEPS so I am assuming it will be similar, with the addition of res schools and placements.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Anndrosa  (16-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey that’s awesome news. Yes I’m going they CQU. I’m in NSW so trying to figure out if my placements will be local to here cause I can’t spend weeks n weeks away from the family. rest school I don’t mind travelling for. Can you add me to the Facebook groups you know of possibly? My Facebook name is Kat N Tim (profile picture of 3 ladies and a man) And how to I find the UCROO? I’d love to chat to ppl who are in nsw and done placements etc.. I’m currently employed at a youth detox centre as Housekeeper 32 hrs a weeek but am being interviewed to swap roles to AIN 3x night shifts to start from Jan 2 and only 22hrs a week so I can study etc work are very accepting of me becoming an Rn but eventually I will move on to Maternity/midwife once finished ( work don’t know that though)
    glad I found you I haven’t been on bubhub for yeeears and thought wonder if there was any chats about studying nursing. I’ve had 2 previous attempts at getting in uni and failed so this is my 3Rd time lucky.
    Kat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not sure about placements. I know final placement you can request where you go, although there is no guarantee you will get it. Otherwise I think you just get assigned a placement which may or may not be local. Probably best to talk to the uni about that one. Tried adding you to the fb pages but can’t unless we are fb friends. You should be able to search them though and add yourself. I just searched CQUni Nursing. UCROO has an app and you can also access it on the CQ Student portal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @plsjust1more I asked in one of the fb groups about placements and travel and yes, more than likely you will have to. It’s something everyone has to do. How far will depend on where you are located and what facilities are linked with CQU. Probably wise to start making a plan for childcare arrangements and work etc. From what I understand you do get a fair bit of notice of when and where your placement will be but you don’t find out your actual shifts until the first day of your placement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be interesting when I’m already working,trying to fit it all in. See what happens thanks for asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by plsjust1more View Post
    This will be interesting when I’m already working,trying to fit it all in. See what happens 😬 thanks for asking.
    Yeah it certainly won’t be easy, but lots of others are in the same position too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I joined the CQU Nursing fb group. I saw your post for me. Thank you. I clicked on your profile and realise you know my girlfriend Manda also !!! We met Manda when she had Taytum premmie in Townsville !! What a small world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You are most welcome

Oh wow it is a small world! We met Manda years ago when our hubby’s worked together, and ended up being pregnant and due at the same time with Taytum and my dd3.