+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I only took 2 days off - egg collection and the following day as I was quite sore. The blood tests/ultrasounds I arranged for first thing in the morning, so I could go there before work. The embryo transfer I organised during my lunch break (yes, I got pregnant in my lunch break ). I have an office job, and I work close to home so I didn't feel like I needed time off for the transfer. If you are doing a lot of heavy lifting or strenuous work you should probably take more time off. The problem is, you really never know when your egg collection will be- so it's not like you can book in annual leave for a specific day or even week. The first cycle, I was stimming for 12 days before trigger. The second cycle, I only stimmed for 7 days.

It really depends on how flexible and understanding your work is - I am pretty lucky that my work is quite flexible. My boss is a good friend of mine so she knew what I was going through. My clinic is pretty good with their opening hours as well, they are open from 6.30am. When do you start your cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GGbella I did get pregnant but lost my twins last year at 17 weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GGbella
    For my fresh cycles I took 1 day for egg collection & 1 day for embryo transfer. Scans & bloods I'd arrive at 6.45am so I'd be first in line for when the clinic opened at 7am.
    For my FET cycles I took 1 day for transfer & did my bloods on my lunch break at the pathology collection centre near my work. If you end up going to a collection centre ask what time the courier comes. It's nice not to have to rush in first thing but you need to know you will get your results in time. I could go as late as 11.30am & because of the couriers schedule still get my results/ instructions before 4pm.

All the best @GGbella FX your IVF journey is short & sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually take the day of EPU and the next for recovery, and I've got a desk job so you may need a little more time with a physically demanding job. Hopefully you can be open with your boss and they're understanding! My TVOA instructions always say no heavy lifting, so you may need to arrange for some lighter duties if you usually pick up the kids a lot. I've always tried to take a few days off after transfer as well so I can relax and take it easy. There's nothing saying you have to, but if the cycle isn't successful you don't want to be blaming yourself for anything you may have done during the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lovely ladies, thanks for your replies. I'm considering to take some time off only as my job is quite physical. And I kinda have some leave up my sleeve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @GGbella. I'm a teacher and have been teaching kindy since starting IVF so I know what you mean by physical work! 20 three to four year olds are very demanding. I have generally taken off 3-4 days for egg collection because the anaesthetic really messes with my stomach and I want a few days to make sure I feel as good as possible before transfer! I normally take a couple after transfer too so I can take it easy. We pay so much for IVF, I want to give myself every chance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Hopeful137 sorry for the late reply and Thanks for your feedback. Yeh pretty much everyone is roughly taking the same amount of time in thread. Yes definitely agree with the amount of money you need to pay you want to be able to squeeze in as much leave and rest as possible