+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Home pedicures - what do you use/do?

I realised today that my feet/toe nails need some serious attention!

What is your foot care process? I'm going for the diy home option instead of a salon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Argh, feet!!!

I get such terrible, dry skin on mine.

From time to time (and I'm talking once every 6 weeks or so) I soak my feet for twenty minutes and give them a good scrub with a pumice stone. Then I lather on Eulactol Heal Balm and put on a pair of socks to let it absorb.

But honestly, it's such hard work and I hate it. Plus, it hurts my belly to bend over for that long now as well. So I reckon I might be heading to the salon for a pedicure soon...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (18-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milky feet 😁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mckel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mckel View Post
    Milky feet 😁
    Does it really work? Does it hurt? Before and after shots? 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried a scholl electric foot file last week which I thought was pretty good. But usually I will soak them in the bath and file the dry skin with a pumice stone. I have a nail kit with all the bits and pieces so I deal with the nails and cuticles with that. Then paint and moisturise. That's about it. I will soak and file in between painting my nails as well and try to moisturise them a few times a week at night to keep the dry skin away.

I'm 29 weeks and can't do it easily anymore so mum did it for me last week (yay mums!) but I will book in for a pedi when mat leave starts soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    What specifically are you trying to give attention to, @Mod-Degrassi? Do your feet just need a refresher with some nice products and a bit of lacquer? Or, more like me- do you very dry and cracked heels that need some loving? Either way, I do have a couple of recommendations- just steer me in the right direction!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love a home pedi!
    I soak in some warm water with a pump of Aesop body cleanser (I like the geranium leaf one, it has mandarin in it and smells really fresh. Or Aveda Rosemary Mint hand and body wash.
    Then scrub with Aesop geranium leaf body scrub
    I use a chiropody sponge from chemist warehouse (about $2.95 from memory) to get rid of dead skin and callouses of feet and heels. This thing is my holy grail foot product. Cheap, easy to use and more effective IMO than any other pumice stone/scrubber.
    Then finish off with any kind of body butter or foot moisturiser. I like Aveda foot relief or Body Shop peppermint foot cream.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    What specifically are you trying to give attention to, @Mod-Degrassi? Do your feet just need a refresher with some nice products and a bit of lacquer? Or, more like me- do you very dry and cracked heels that need some loving? Either way, I do have a couple of recommendations- just steer me in the right direction!
    They need the works - skin around the toes looks dry, heels are dry/cracked and I think my toe nails need some polish.

I really noticed how shabby they look after buying some cute but cheap sandals yesterday. If I'm showing a lot of foot they really need to look more polished!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ok so I use the scholl diamond pedicure thingo to buff the dry skin off my heels. Works pretty well. Then I moisturise- this is my downfall- nothing is ever enough to stop my dry and ugly feet from looking dry and ugly- but I have recently started using Quench (coconut oil based product) from Jamberry on my heels and it's working beautifully.
    (Also bringing out a foot care range but I don't know what it will be like...)
    Then polish/ lacquer/ wrap/ gel for toenails. Mine really need redoing and it might be a project for tonight. I'll do a before and after to show you how bad my feet are and how bashed about they look before I give them a bit of loving!