+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clinics/Drs for donor eggs in Australia

Feeling lost and hope someone can help. I have been ringing different clinics about receiving donated eggs in AU. How do you find a clinic/ Dr that you can trust. I have had a FS in the past that I thought was great but found out too late that he wasn't. Does anyone have a clinic/Dr they have used and can recommend to receive donor eggs in AU?

Hoping someone can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi hon

Going by your signature I think your story may be similar in some aspects to my own. I met my DH late in life, we married when I was 39 and he was 50. DH had a vasectomy during a previous relationship but in contrast to your DH, we went straight to IVF rather than trying a reversal - our FS advised they were rarely successful when the vasectomy was done more than 5 years before.

So...we did 4 cycles with my own eggs. I was a poor responder, making a grand total of 7 eggs from those 4 cycles. We did 2 fresh transfers (both BFN's) and one frozen transfer (BFP but MC'd at 8 weeks) before moving onto donor eggs.

We decided not to go through a clinic to source eggs, instead advertising for a known donor via a forum I am a member of. I found a donor surprisingly quickly (a matter of a couple of weeks after placing my ad) and we went to her chosen clinic in QLD as she had already met her family limit in NSW (where our original clinic was.) I understand the wait for clinic eggs is quite extensive and we didn't have time to waste.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, and can recommend the clinic we used via PM if you're interested in going to QLD to seek treatment. We were VERY impressed with our FS there.

Don't give up! This can happen for you too