+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrew View Post
    I don't sell anything, to me it's not worth the hassle and my time it would take. I give away what I can, usually to family as I have a lot of cousins with children younger than mine. We don't buy thing with resale value in mind and I'm perfectly happy to have second hand myself. I consider us lucky to be in a position where we can give away what we no longer need
    ^^this. When i need to clear stuff its quicker and easier to give away or throw away. I dont have room to store things to sell and it seeing too much stuff laying around makes me antsy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't buy to resell. I was holding onto my daughters baby stuff in case I had another girl, but this baby is a boy so decided to sell all her clothes as she had SO much stuff, it was all barely worn so in as new condition. Cot we will probably give away as it has bite marks from my daughter, pram I'll sell as I bought a new one for this baby and it was fairly expensive and is a good quality one. Other bits and pieces I'll decide when I get to it.

Regarding selling stuff really cheap, I had a bundle of over 100 items in 1 size for sale for $50, hoping to get rid of if all in one go. When I got no interest, I broke it down into smaller, cheaper bundles, e.g. Onesies, pants, tops, jackets / cardigans and shirts, for $10, $15, etc. So if I just had one bundle of clothes I was thinking of selling for $15 I'd probably just donate it or put it on BSS for free, but when you have hundreds of items to sell, it really adds up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never buy with the intent to resell.

I have sold quite a few things on the local buy n sell pages. The buyers are getting bargains as im careful with our things and i often keep the original packaging.

I never sell clothes though i give those to either people we know or i pop in the charity bin.
    I throw away anything ripped, stained or broken.

If something i have isnt worth selling but still useable i offer for free on the buy n sell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The only stuff I sell is designer clothes that might fetch a decent price; the rest goes to charity.

This week I donated DD's baby car seat (which cost over $400 new) to a local charity that gives baby items to struggling new mums (it's a lot like St Kilda Mums in Melbourne, but regional). I possibly could've sold it, but when I looked online there were so many seats online that I figured I wouldn't get much for it, especially since we live rurally. Felt good to give it to a good cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smaller items I pass onto friends, or charity if its in good nick. I dont have any particularly expensive baby clothes anyway.

Bigger items like cot or pram I have sold. I bought based on my needs at the time, not resale value.

I dont really see anything wrong with people selling on small items if they have the time and inclination to do so. A few lots of $15 might be a big deal to somebody who is struggling, and at least the item is going to get used again before it ends up in landfill.