ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never sold anything besides cars. Tbh I really can't be bothered selling anything on gumtree or similar as its too much hassle. I hate even selling cars so no way I'm going to bother with anything else not worth a decent amount of money. baby furniture that was bought second hand will be giveaways when we are finished with it. Other furniture we bought new we will keep. Clothes I give away or chuck if it's no good. Shoes I will always throw away as they're never any good to give away.

We tend to buy quality and use until the last drop, so I've never had a need to sell anything I've only used for a few months that's still in good condition. I'm also really cautious about the life of what I'm buying - if it's only going to be used short term I will look for an alternative that lasts longer, or buy it second hand/borrow from someone I know instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't sell anything, DS has 6 younger cousins so my sister and SIL get all our stuff , my nephew is 12 months younger than DS and I don't think he's ever had anything new as he gets all of DS stuff (except underwear!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I donate to our local vinnies. I discovered a quite a few years ago that our women's refuge can take anything they need from vinnies when helping women and/or their children escape from DV so I always donate to them. I also bag up stained/super old clothes and write RAGS on it because they process them and sell for $20/bag.

If people sell their baby stuff for $5-$10 though, who cares? Why is bothersome to some people? Perhaps they need to afford to buy the next size up clothes? Or they are struggling and need the extra cash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a reduce, reuse, recycle type so bought a number of baby things 2nd hand in PERFECT condition (if not brand new (cot, pram, clothes, toys) off Gumtree.

I do like to have certain nice things & can afford to, but obtaining everything you need from shops when it's all available elsewhere is ludicrous to me.

The 2nd hand market place is a gold mine, as those who've sold things for next to nothing would know.

I do intend to sell my big ticket items when we're done for a reasonable price but most of our stuff is being stored for friends/families babies when they come along.

I've volunteered with a number of charities. They are completely overwhelmed with goods & so much junk/waste. If use of the 2nd hand market increased & people managed their own waste instead of dumping it, I believe they could operate more effectively & increase profit which would helps them to continue to meet the needs of their customer base.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-02-2017),BornToBe  (17-02-2017),rosey82  (17-02-2017)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I sell but I'm impatient so if it takes too long to sell I'll donate it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never bought an item with resale in mind personally - I buy what I want, need, can afford, will get good use from, etc. I am not yet at the stsge of selling baby gear, but I would either sell it at a low cost, or give away. I had a lot of baby things given 2nd hand to me, so I will only give those away, not sell them - I dont feel OK about selling something that was given to me for free. I will probably sell the cot, capsule, etc - 'bigger' items. I love 2nd hand & hate over consumerism and waste - so i'm happy to both buy and sell on the 2nd hand market. We do have a fantastic little local op shop that I gladly donate quality items to. I find sometimes with facebook giveaways on local pages, it ends up being a PITA for me (like I somehow end up delivering it or they never show up, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do a bit of both. I gave away a lot of baby clothes to friends/family, but things like the rocker, capsule, and some of the toys like duplo, bouncy play seat thing, I sold. I'm keeping my cot as DH made it and it's in fantastic condition. With clothes as the kids are growing, if I know someone who needs things, I pass them on. Otherwise I sell for $5-10 a bag or donate. Same with toys. I need to list a heap of stuff on our buy and sell pages now - we've got so many toys the kids don't play with anymore! I tried to cull on holidays but they wouldn't let me. Need to do it sneakily now they are back at school

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have sold most of DDs stuff to date. We're not having another child. She had so many clothes that never got worn as they didn't fit in the right season or were impractical or barely worn so they're worth selling. I just sold a big bag of size 00-1 clothes for $60! But at her age now her clothes get worn longer and get trashed so probably won't be selling clothes anymore.
    I currently have a ball pit, activity centre and early learning toys up for sale as they are all in brand new condition. I sold her bassinet, old car seat and bouncer, wrap carrier, 5000 baby bottles I tried in vain etc
    I don't buy anything thinking of resale value. I just buy what I need and buy what suits the purpose - nothing too extravagant here especially clothes (mainly big w, bonds, next, target stuff). Considering I buy almost everything new and it's only been used for a short time for one child most of her stuff has been worth selling and the few hundred $ I've got back is handy to put towards new clothes and stuff she needs. I don't have any family/close friends to hand baby stuff on to so it's either sell or drop at the salvos. I drop small things at the salvos but if I can sell something reasonably easy well the money always comes in handy in my pocket!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only sell if I cannot walk to an op shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't sell anything, to me it's not worth the hassle and my time it would take. I give away what I can, usually to family as I have a lot of cousins with children younger than mine. We don't buy thing with resale value in mind and I'm perfectly happy to have second hand myself. I consider us lucky to be in a position where we can give away what we no longer need