+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overwhelmed

I don't even know where to start! I'm 22 years old and am 10w pregnant. This pregnancy has taken us completely by surprise. I've always imagined what it would be like becoming a first time mum. I imagined it as such a happy, beautiful time and that I was also 5-7 years older then I am now with a great career under my belt and feeling really secure. Unfortunately I feel the complete opposite. Since finding out I'm pregnant I feel scared, unprepared and I feel like I'm not going to achieve what I always wanted for myself. I don't know how to get my head around what's happening. I'm constantly feeling very anxious and crying a lot. Even the smallest things make me feel so overwhelmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome and huge hugs. I had my first just 3 weeks before 22. Like you I was soooo overwhelmed and not 'ready'. Honestly I've just had my third at 43 and still felt overwhelmed and not ready. It's a crazy hormonal time the first trimester. Go easy on yourself. Have you spoken to your partner about how you are feeling? Are you close to your mum can you lean on her or a good friend for a little while?

I find when I feel overwhelmed it helps to write things done. Make a to do list and prioritise what needs to happen first. Delegate jobs to your partner.

You have a long time to get used to Bub coming (another 30 weeks!). Go easy on yourself xx