+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie2 View Post
    I have been using some apps to track ovulation and I bought internet cheapie for ovulation strips but I have never had a positive result. I am thinking about buying the clear blue digital dual ovulation tracker.
    Ovulation tests are notoriously unreliable for women with pcos due to the hormone they test for. I wouldn't waste any more money buying stuff until you confirm with your Dr that you are actually ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Ovulation tests are notoriously unreliable for women with pcos due to the hormone they test for. I wouldn't waste any more money buying stuff until you confirm with your Dr that you are actually ovulating.
    Hey Hun, why are they unreliable for PCOS women? Is the ovulation hormone elevated in PCOS women?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Hey Hun, why are they unreliable for PCOS women? Is the ovulation hormone elevated in PCOS women?
    Some women with pcos don't ovulate at all so you can test and test and test and never get a true positive.
    They measure the surge in luteinising hormone that accompanies ovulation and in women with pcos LH is often elevated anyway so a test can look positive even though ovulation isn't happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I never got a true positive despite testing frequently.

I'd suggest getting day 21 bloods as they would be the most accurate to see if you are ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie2 View Post
    I have a feeling that I am never going to be a Mum. I don't know why I just don't think it will happen. I've been thinking about it a lot. I do want it to happen have you ever thought that it wouldn't or is that just me?
    We have be ttc since Jan 16 with one MC.
    I've actually had this exact same feeling ever since I was 17. I always knew I'd get married, buy a house, etc etc, but that feeling of one day being a mother, I just never felt it would happen for me. I'm on my 4th round of IVF and we will keep at it, but I fear my attempts are in vain because I just don't see motherhood happening for me in this life. I don't think it was on the cards for me. It's a feeling I can't shake, but I hope I'm wrong.

A big hug for you. I'm hoping you do become a mother and there's at least 1 good egg at your age.

This whole thing is all based on luck, at least that's how I see it, only I have no luck in the world. Everything that can go wrong, always goes wrong for me. I hope it's different for you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warratag For This Useful Post:

CrabLegs  (22-02-2017),jackie2  (20-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for all of your responses. I definitely was having a low point. But things are looking up and I am supposed to be in my fertile window any day soon. FX and baby dust to everyone. Having a more positive frame of mind!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackie2 For This Useful Post:

CrabLegs  (22-02-2017),Trytryandtryagain  (21-02-2017),warratag  (21-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! I hope it's your month!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deskar For This Useful Post:

jackie2  (23-02-2017),warratag  (21-02-2017)