+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a great holiday to Port Douglas in 2015. Ticks all the boxes for us - warm enough to swim every day (get a hotel with a great pool), plenty of food options - many places on the main drag do kids eat free at certain times, plenty to explore - we did a cruise to low isles (with a 10 month old - no problem) and a drive up to the Daintree/cape tribulation.
    We are considering Cairns for our next holiday if budget allows.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (14-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did qld for 2.5 wks at Xmas time as I'm still in Mat leave. But we did qld every year. 2014 we spent 2 weeks in Borneo and KL seeing the orangutan's in the wild which was fantastic. We are off to Fiji end of May for my 40th instead of a party

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my 4 month old and 6 year old to Singapore with my parents last month. I've been there plenty of times before but this was the first time with kids. It is amazing, Sentosa is particularly beautiful. Food it wonderful, the people are lovely and adore kids and there is SO much to do. We had 9 days and didn't fit everything in. Mr. 6 wants to move there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about your most recent family holiday

We went to Palm Cove / Port Douglas for our honeymoon when DS was 1. It was great.
    Friends have just come back from Fiji with their two kids and loved it. They stayed at an all inclusive resort and found it very easy.
    We're taking DS to Phillip Island this month for a few nights. There's heaps to do there.

ETA we also had a few nights in Merimbula in July. We had a great time even though it was winter. Magic Mountain was fun, even for a toddler. Stayed in a serviced apartment and had our car there and it was great.
    Last edited by TheGooch; 14-02-2017 at 20:01.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Thredbo for 4 nights in June last year. It was right at the start of the snow season but there was enough for dd, almost 2 at the time, to play in and toboggan on. It was a low key get away but we all enjoyed it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're going on our first family trip in 2 months - DS will be 15 months and we've decided Hamilton island.
    I'd love to go Hawaii but we just don't know how he'll act on the plane (he's a little explorer)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Tell me about your most recent family holiday

We went to Canberra last month. So many fun things in Canberra for kids.

We are going to Ireland in May for my husband's brother's wedding. Stopping in Dubai for 2 days on the way over. We did this last time and it was great. It will be my eldest child's birthday whilst we are in Ireland so my husband and I are thinking of popping over to Paris for 3 nights and taking the kids to Disneyland.

Last year we did a cruise. Absolutely loved it. We are going on another cruise next year. I booked it before Christmas.

In October we are going to Florida for another wedding. Haven't been to Florida for years and years but I remember it was so much fun and I am excited about visiting Harry Potter worlds there!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Hawaii late last year. It was ok. I live 100m from a beautiful beach on the Sunshine Coast so am a bit spoilt and thought the beaches in Hawaii where a bit 'meh'. Food was ok. Shopping was ok. The flights were really cheap, the rest of the holiday was quite expensive. Overall it was ok. We had a good time and seeing the volcano was pretty cool. I think it's over priced though - 2 adults, 2 kids + 1 baby for 8 days and we spent about $15-20K.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I travel, usually overseas if possible, with my 3 kids every year. Our last 2 trips were Bali and the Gold/Sunshine Coast. We are going to Thailand in July and South Africa in 2018. I travel on a tight budget (I'm a single parent, but I prioritize travel over a lot of other "things") and have to save very hard.
    I live Asia for cheap and cheerful holidays with lots of cultural experience for the kids and great food. Airfares can be very cheap when on special and I watch the sales like a crazy woman and book as soon as there's a rock - bottom bargain! I take my children out of school to travel as a) I can't afford to travel in school hols and b) travel is an education in itself and valuable family time for me.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (15-02-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (15-02-2017),rosey82  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    I travel, usually overseas if possible, with my 3 kids every year. Our last 2 trips were Bali and the Gold/Sunshine Coast. We are going to Thailand in July and South Africa in 2018. I travel on a tight budget (I'm a single parent, but I prioritize travel over a lot of other "things") and have to save very hard.
    I live Asia for cheap and cheerful holidays with lots of cultural experience for the kids and great food. Airfares can be very cheap when on special and I watch the sales like a crazy woman and book as soon as there's a rock - bottom bargain! I take my children out of school to travel as a) I can't afford to travel in school hols and b) travel is an education in itself and valuable family time for me.
    This is exactly how I feel about travel