+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kindness everyone.
    I guess I must have just lucked out with the choice of gynos at Christmas time.

It's not been easy.

Now I'm torn with the old "I've waited this long and it will be for nothing" scenario! If she had have said at our first appointment that it would take this long I would have bolted, but she seemed confident it would only be 4 weeks at most and shes been stringing it along since.

I think I might give it a couple more days (work!) and if I still get no action I'll beg for a second opinion.

Interesting to hear about hospital help though-my GP told me she didn't think they'd help unless I had severe bleeding or pain so we didn't try that option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definately find another gyno. I had a missed miscarriage at about 7 weeks.. My oB was happy to d n c to end the misery of waiting or give you the pills.. But with the second option., some may be left and you may have a d n c in the end anyway. Chance of infection increases.. Making pregnancy harder to achieve in the future .. Increases the longer it stays in there. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm furious for you. That gyno clearly has no idea!

Our first was a blighted ovum. All fine at the 6 week dating scan, but at the 12 week, it was discovered it hadn't progressed passed 7 weeks. The ultrasound tech rang our Dr, got us straight in and Dr said a D&C was needed as I showed no sign of miscarrying naturally and it had already been 5 weeks since things stopped progression as they should. Ultrasound was a Tuesday, and I had surgery that Friday (country town and they only do surgery here once a week).

So for your Gyno to have left you this long is negligent if you ask me. It's not just the physical, it's being in limbo all that time.

Definitely see someone else. And tell your GP too. It really isn't good enough.

I'm so sorry for your loss xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (13-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Missed miscarriage... waiting, waiting, waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebees View Post
    Thanks for the kindness everyone.
    I guess I must have just lucked out with the choice of gynos at Christmas time.

It's not been easy.

Now I'm torn with the old "I've waited this long and it will be for nothing" scenario! If she had have said at our first appointment that it would take this long I would have bolted, but she seemed confident it would only be 4 weeks at most and shes been stringing it along since.

I think I might give it a couple more days (work!) and if I still get no action I'll beg for a second opinion.

Interesting to hear about hospital help though-my GP told me she didn't think they'd help unless I had severe bleeding or pain so we didn't try that option.
    A hospital will only assist with a GP note, a maternity hospital will do something without it but they will run a huge amount of test before proceeding. Please go to the hospital dont waste time with a bloody gyno!

We had a MMC at 12 weeks (no hb and stunted growth) and I had to wait a few days for my D&C and that was long enough! We saw our GP straight away and he wrote a note, called the hospital and the booked me at their earliest.
    It was a day procedure and painless.

I am so incredibly sorry this is happening to you xx
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 13-02-2017 at 11:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    I would be concerned about infection and problems later on, not to mention by 20 weeks they may force you to give birth.
    This is just not true. At 20 weeks they will not "force" you to give birth if the size of the fetus is 5-6 weeks. The truth is that late term miscarriages it is simply safer for mum for the fetus/baby to be delivered vaginally. Please be mindful of the words you use (general you, not specifically to the quoted poster).

OP, I think you need to see someone else. Not knowing where you live I think your best bet is to contact your closest/biggest maternity hospital. Some large hospitals with maternity sections will have a specific early pregnancy assessment unit where they will take bloods, do a scan and confirm fetal demise before offering you options. A friend of mine had what I considered to be a prolonged experience with a MMC in that it lasted for 3 weeks from first scan to final confirmation. That final confirmation happened at an early pregnancy assessment unit and she was booked in for a D&C that afternoon. I'm gobsmacked that you have been allowed to continue this long without intervention. Best of luck and I hope you get some proper information and action soon enough.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (13-02-2017),Wishnhope  (13-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Apologies @M'LadyEm

I did write "May" as a friend was pushed into a labour of a baby around 10 weeks size at 20 weeks.
    I have amended my post.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (13-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there OP, just wondering how you are traveling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No change unfortunately I had an insane week at work so couldn't get back to the GP and try for another gyno. I tried to call my existing gyno but she was in surgery.

I was so hoping this might finally be the week it would just hurry up and happen but no such luck.

Been having having fun mood swings so I'd say my levels have dropped a bit again but who knows how much.

I'll try to call my gyno and escalate on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugger, I hope you get a result soon xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get a chance to go see someone OP?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (26-02-2017)