+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0

    Default Progesterone Issue

    Hi ladies,
    This was my first IUI and yesterday at 16dpiui I had my betas and progesterone checked and betas doubled but progesterone dropped. FS doesn't seem alarmed and said it's a waste of money.
    I asked for pessaries but he said he'll check it in 1 week.
    This was our last shot trying for a baby after years of Miscarriages and the last pregnancy in 2014. We saved for IUI so this pregnancy is so precious.
    I'm in Melbourne so going to have to try and see if I can see a GP to give me a referral to a FS that doesn't have a huge wait list to get a script for progesterone.
    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanks
    28,378
    Thanked
    14,442
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babee4Me View Post
    Hi ladies,
    This was my first IUI and yesterday at 16dpiui I had my betas and progesterone checked and betas doubled but progesterone dropped. FS doesn't seem alarmed and said it's a waste of money.
    I asked for pessaries but he said he'll check it in 1 week.
    This was our last shot trying for a baby after years of Miscarriages and the last pregnancy in 2014. We saved for IUI so this pregnancy is so precious.
    I'm in Melbourne so going to have to try and see if I can see a GP to give me a referral to a FS that doesn't have a huge wait list to get a script for progesterone.
    Any suggestions?
    What was your level? Most FS's want progesterone to be over 30.

    If, for example, your level dropped from 80 to 60 I wouldn't be concerned at all. It's normal for it to fluctuate a bit.

    Mine dropped to 14 at one point and at that stage I did increase my dose.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    On Wednesday it was 119 nmol/l with bloods taken at 1pm and Friday 96 nmol/l with bloods taken at 06:30am. I know it fluctuates but with many MC's I'm scared.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanks
    28,378
    Thanked
    14,442
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babee4Me View Post
    On Wednesday it was 119 nmol/l with bloods taken at 1pm and Friday 96 nmol/l with bloods taken at 06:30am. I know it fluctuates but with many MC's I'm scared.

    Oh no, hon, truly I'd be stoked with either of those numbers. Like I said, anything over 30 is what most FS's aim for.

    I know how worrying it can be though My only pregnancy prior to my current one ended in a missed miscarriage, and you live in fear of things going wrong after you've lost a pregnancy. The innocence is gone, if you know what I mean?

    Anyway, it sounds to me like everything is going along just brilliantly! Your HCG is doubling, your progesterone is well and truly where it should be (actually, I'd say that it's above the level that many ladies have this early on) so it all sounds good to me!

    Take a deep breath! You are ok! Bub is ok!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanks
    28,378
    Thanked
    14,442
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just checked my pregnancy diary for you too....

    I did an IVF transfer and not IUI, but at 17dpo my progesterone was 14

    At 19dpo it was 92.5

    At 21dpo it was 51.2 and

    At 24dpo it was 124.5

    So you can see how much it can vary - and I'm currently still pregnant - 19 weeks and 5 days along with a healthy happy bub inside me

    I hope that brings you some comfort

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    Babee4Me  (11-02-2017)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Wow there sure was a fluctuation with yours.
    I know I am just a worry wart.
    You must be thrilled to be nearly halfway there and feeling baby kick. I just want to get the safe zone.
    🍀🍀🍀

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanks
    28,378
    Thanked
    14,442
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babee4Me View Post
    Wow there sure was a fluctuation with yours.
    I know I am just a worry wart.
    You must be thrilled to be nearly halfway there and feeling baby kick. I just want to get the safe zone.
    ���������������� �

    It's a loooonnnnnggggg wait!!! I remember it well! We actually couldn't see bub on the scan until 8 weeks so it was a very worrying time.

    You'll get there though. You're off to a great start!

    And then you'll be waiting for new things - the 12 week scan, first movements, the 20 week scan, labor, delivery, first birthdays....welcome to Motherhood, where the worry never ends!

    You'll be ok hon

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you hun and all the best to you too 💞🍀💞


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 06:12
  2. Progesterone pessaries.
    By MysticFalls in forum IVF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2016, 19:53
  3. Progesterone Under 30
    By Melbs1980 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-03-2016, 18:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›