+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My old local woolies were great and would always open a register for me as soon as they saw ds was not going to wait in a long line for ss or they would scan everything.

I use them for small items but a big shop I wont

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use self service when I have a small enough amount I couldn't do a big load, I have accidentally gone through and left the shop realising I didn't put something through (can't remember what it was now but it was something small) and I turned around went back in and explained to the person they have there helping (I think she thought I was nuts) and put it through

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    For those of you who avoid the SS checkouts, how do you do it? Just wait for a serviced lane? The queues are usually so long my kids would lose their minds! It's just easier to do SS!

Yep, I'll wait. I have no children (yet) so I'll wait til the cows come home if need be. And I flatly refuse 'just pop through here and I'll help you' requests too.

Actually, the day that McD's brought in those self-serve computer gizmos I was confronted by an eager 15 year old urging me to 'step over here' and place my order. When I refused she and a friend decided to argue the point and I had to ask to see the manager. I had just come off the back of a 4 hour drive, was busting for the loo, and all I wanted was someone to take my order for a drink. When the Manager came, I told him that if McD's new policy was to stop service to their customers they would lose me as a customer. Geez I was furious!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Self serve checkout

Self service frightens me. I'm scared of scanning incorrectly and making a genuine error and then being charged for shoplifting.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    If anything, I've double charged myself on things when no ones around and I can't be bothered waiting for an attendant to fix it.
    This. I'd be surprised if we were the only ones. I often make mistakes -double scanning- or a discount sticker hasn't worked. 9/10 I don't bother getting it fixed- I usually am using self service as I'm in a hurry. So in fact the supermarket, in my case- is coming ahead.

I bet that happens quite a lot....
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-02-2017 at 13:39.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use self serve checkouts when it's really busy and I don't want to line up. I have put a whole shop through self serve. A 12 item limit would annoy me
    If I have a trolley or the pram I try and get the one in the corner so I can be out of the way.
    Have never intentionally not scanned something or put it through as a different item. Theft is theft is theft!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    For those of you who avoid the SS checkouts, how do you do it? Just wait for a serviced lane? The queues are usually so long my kids would lose their minds! It's just easier to do SS!
    I join the long line then loudly say "WHY DON'T YOU OPEN MORE CHECKOUTS". Usually gets results. But I rarely have to do that, at my normal Coles the second a queue starts to get long the quickly open a register and clear it. I think I'm very lucky with my supermarket.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (10-02-2017)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    No I've never stolen from self serve checkouts. I find the changes a bit annoying actually. I'm one of those people who would take half a trolley load through self serve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stealing is stealing, so no, I wouldnt steal from a self serve, or purposely scan an item incorrectly, just like I wouldnt stash an item in my handbag and sneak out with it. I shop online so havent had to do a big shop at a supermarket in years now. I just pop in for fruit, veg, milk, bread, etc. I would use a serviced checkout if they ever opened more than 1 or 2, but there are always huge lines so I often end up at self serve. They cant have it both ways - if they want to make self serve 12 items or less, they need to open more serviced checkouts for the customers. In the past,if I have had a big trolley & there has only been 1 serviced checkout open, and my hands are too full with babies/ toddlers, I've approached someone (usually the self serve attendant 😁) and asked if they can please open a checkout for me as I wont be able to do self serve. I usually just ask nicely and they (usually!) are happy to comply. Sometimes I wonder if management has instructed them to open more checkouts only when requested by customers? I dont know, but I used to work in a supermarket and so I am always super nice to the staff - I know how much they cop angry customers.

** I once accidentally stole something from a large chain store. My toddler was sitting in the pram holding it and I paid for the other items but forgot she was still holding one item. I didn't realise until we got home... It was very hot, I was heavily pregnant, it was only a few dollars.... I'm sorry to say I didnt return to the store to pay 😭😭 I still feel a bit guilty about that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, never stolen.
    I will also travel back to pay for something accidentally not paid for. It might be two weeks later when I finally get back but I just can't keep it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Self serve checkout

I am guilty of double charging myself...a lot!! I'd make a terrible check-out chick lol!

I once saw a lady scan cavendish bananas as lady fingers and thought that was cheeky, but I could never do anything like that intentionally.

Our Woolies has a 'fill-a-bag' of produce for $3 and I used to always get the staff to scan that one in, until they showed me the code oneday. So after many months of scanning the fill-a-bag myself, I went to scan the code in and it wasn't there. The staff told me too many people were abusing it by scanning non-produce things for $3, so they took that function away. Terrible that people could abuse it, and now it's gone thanks to dishonest thieves.