ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many ivf cycles until it worked for you?

Hi everyone!!

I'm new here and just about to start our ivf journey, currently on the nasal spray and will be starting injections soon. Just wondering how many cycles it took for you to get your BFP! I'm so worried about it taking many cycles as we're not well off financially and have saved our butts off for this! Our issue is make infertility with the possibility of using donor if my husbands surgery is unsuccessful.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Male factor for us too. We struggled to get good viable embryos so had to do a full stim cycle each time. It took us 3 rounds to get pregnant and now I have a fabulous 2yo boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh that must of been expensive!! Was there any reason why you struggled to get good embryos? Yay!! I can't imagine that feeling you had when it finally worked for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid13 View Post
    Oooh that must of been expensive!! Was there any reason why you struggled to get good embryos? Yay!! I can't imagine that feeling you had when it finally worked for you!
    It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. Medicare covered around $6,000 per cycle so our out of pocket was roughly $1500 per cycle. It was a little more for the last one because we did a slightly different regime. Some clinics are more expensive though so I know some people who were out of pocket $3k or more each time.

DH has very few good quality swimmers (DNA fragmentation, low count, low motility etc), we had to do PICSI to get fertilization happening, and then the embryos had a bit of fragmentation as well. The first 2 cycles we only had 1 embryo survive to transfer each time (both unsuccessful). On our last cycle we got 2 so one of them is still in the freezer.

I was so sure that last cycle had failed, so when I called the clinic to get the blood test results I was really shocked when the nurse said "congratulations, you're pregnant!". It was an amazing feeling.

Good luck - I hope it works first time for you! We were told 80% of women will fall pregnant within 3 cycles so hopefully that holds for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Male factor here too.

Dd1 first cycle!
    Dd2 took 3 cycles
    Bub #3 fortunate to fall naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    3 cycles for my first and 2 for my second

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 first cycle
    Pregnant with number 2 has taken 3 more cycles using own eggs and then 2 more cycles and 3 transfers using donor eggs plus a miscarriage to get a bfp.

Depends on yr age and underlying fertility issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    9 cycles all up, but did 5 non-IVF medicated cycles before that, so all up, 14 cycles to have DD

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many ivf cycles until it worked for you?

First IVF transfer for my daughter. Then first transfer 2.5 years later resulted in chemical (PGD tested embryo) and the transfer after that my son (also PGD tested). Then first transfer 12 months after that now 27w pregnant with another girl (this one was also PGD tested). We have male factor infertility as well - they just did PICSI to overcome this and pic the best quality sperm. And in the more recent cycle we were also dealing with my old eggs! First Bub born at 36 so now quite old!!!!
    Last edited by me+he&she=three; 09-02-2017 at 18:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did 2 stim cycles but were successful on the first transfer (first stim cycle we didn't get any embryos to transfer, second cycle I got pregnant from the first and only transfer). We were incredibly lucky, it often takes 3 or more cycles for a lot of people.

As Cue said, it wasn't as expensive as you'd think with Medicare covering the majority of the cost.