+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone recently given birth at Fiona Stanley Hospital, Perth?

Hi all,
    I hope this is the right place to post this. I have recently found out that I am pregnant with baby number 3, with a 7 year gap between my youngest and when this one will be born it's needless to say it was quite a surprise!
    As such we had removed maternity from our private health cover and I will need to go public. Our local public hospital is Fiona Stanley, I have only been able to find rather negative reviews of this hospital however none more recent than 2015. Just wondering if anyone had given birth there more recently and how you found it?
    I'm not too sure what my other options are, having had private hospitals for my other two it's a bit scary going public...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 3 friends give birth at FS in the past year and all were very complimentary of their treatment, including two who had emergency cesarians.

I find people are quick to complain but not quick to compliment. Good luck with your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you contacted FS about getting a tour of the maternity ward? Might give you a better idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Yoggis Mumma, yes you're right people are very good at relaying negative but not so much the positive. I haven't had a tour yet but intend on doing so.
    Guess I just had to hear something positive so thank you 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly80x For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya, my friend gave birth at FSH in January 2016 and she thought it was great. She had a long pre-labour at 3cm dilated and instead of inducing her or interfering in any way they let her body do it's thing and she ended up going into active labour the following day, she went in the birth pool etc so she had a great experience.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

Kelly80x  (11-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Thanks for that. Good to hear some happy story's I'm feeling better about it all. Prob just the initial shock of finding out our surprise.
    Good luck with your pregnancy 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    You too! I have found public to be great. I know everyone's experiences are different so I hope you have a positive one xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used FSH but have been public through KEMH and had two great experiences in the public system.

For what it's worth, I had two friends give birth at FSH with both having good experiences. It is a fairly new Hospital and reviews from 2015 would be from a time when it had just opened - new staff, different routines, layouts etc probably didn't help - I would imagine everyone (staff) have found their groove and many of the issues would have sorted themselves out.

Best wishes!