+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are in the middle of a massive declutter! It feels so liberating! It's addictive actually.... Haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (09-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    The biggest thing I've found with decluttering is to STOP BRINGING THINGS HOME. Yep. I love to op shop, find bargains etc but it all just becomes clutter in the end. I'm trying to do the buy once, buy well thing and just have quality stuff the kids and I *love* rather than house filled with junk.
    This is me lately. And i also queation myself if i really need said item(s). Have slowly decluttered over last.few months.but still have more to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    I set my alarm for 10 mins (since that seemed a bearable time) & got rid of a heap of stuff from my bookcase near the front door. Will set another 10 min alarm later in the day.
    Great idea!! It's amazing what u can get done in a short amount of time if u can just focus on one task. I actually do my housework like this quite often...I set little rewards for myself..."when I've finished the floors, I'll have a cuppa tea"...."when the washing is all folded, I'll have a half hr break ". I hate housework so have to do it this way! Ughh haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I need to do some decluttering, but I seem to start everything started at the same time, get overwhelmed and then put in the I'll do it another day basket!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need to declutter baby/kid stuff. But that requires putting it up on Gumtree/Ebay for most things *sigh*.

Will need to recruit DH into helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm classing this as decluttering even though technically it isn't - today I went with my case manager to a fines clinic to sort out a significant (think $22K) worth of fines/warrants from stupid east/city link. They were from a time when I was very unwell from a mental health point of view and according to the solicitor we saw who does this stuff all the time there is a very high chance that they will be revoked due to my mental health issues since we can provide evidence of how my mental health contributed. It has meant a whole heap of documents that were on my study desk are no longer there.

This afternoon I'm going to spend 10 min clearing of my tv cabinet that is current full of wii u games that belong in the draws that are part of the tv cabinet but instead have spent the past 3 months blocking the bottom corner of the tv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm classing this as decluttering even though technically it isn't - today I went with my case manager to a fines clinic to sort out a significant (think $22K) worth of fines/warrants from stupid east/city link. They were from a time when I was very unwell from a mental health point of view and according to the solicitor we saw who does this stuff all the time there is a very high chance that they will be revoked due to my mental health issues since we can provide evidence of how my mental health contributed. It has meant a whole heap of documents that were on my study desk are no longer there.

This afternoon I'm going to spend 10 min clearing of my tv cabinet that is current full of wii u games that belong in the draws that are part of the tv cabinet but instead have spent the past 3 months blocking the bottom corner of the tv
    Just a thought. Maybe give your DS a 10 minute timer to clean his games/room/toys/kitchen/bathroom per day.

So he does something small every day. It might help with his stuff and help you out a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Just a thought. Maybe give your DS a 10 minute timer to clean his games/room/toys/kitchen/bathroom per day.

So he does something small every day. It might help with his stuff and help you out a little.

he actually joined in without being asked for one of my 10 min bits yesterday (because he needs the study desk for the mountain of homework he is getting). Once he stops being so exhausted every afternoon from the transition to high school definitely something I'll look at starting, but for now might get him to do so for 10 mins each day of the weekend.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (09-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

If it gets it out of the house it's declittering! I love the 10 min theory. It's amazing how much you can get done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I an finding (well up until today when I am in complete meltdown mode) that 10 min challenges are working really well. Today I'm reading here instead because I am a "everything is pointless so checking out of life for a while" mode