+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Average icsea is 1000 so your suburb is very 'normal'. Ours is 890. So your school gets less Gonski funding that us. But I would be questioning how the Principal is divvying up the funding. There is a portion that they don't get a say in, and a portion they do.

I don't believe your funding only allows for those huge class sizes. I think your Principal is allocating the funds elsewhere. Those class sizes are well above the agreed limits. Even 3 or 4 for stage 1's is way too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Class size, wwyd?

QLD are horrible for class sizes, my DS1 has 27 kids in his prep class. It's too many and I really hate it.

Given you're in NSW, I would be having a meeting with the principal to discuss your concerns, and also phoning the education department to see what their take is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Average icsea is 1000 so your suburb is very 'normal'. Ours is 890. So your school gets less Gonski funding that us. But I would be questioning how the Principal is divvying up the funding. There is a portion that they don't get a say in, and a portion they do.

I don't believe your funding only allows for those huge class sizes. I think your Principal is allocating the funds elsewhere. Those class sizes are well above the agreed limits. Even 3 or 4 for stage 1's is way too much
    Is the higher the number better or worse? Just looked our school up and it's 1044