+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clear Blue OPK 6 days flashy smiley face

Hi Ladies

I gave the Clear Blue OPK a go during my ovulation days last week aligned with the clue app i use. For 6 days in a row i got the flashy (high fertility days) then on day 7 (yesterday) it was O. Does this mean i have not properly ovulated? I tested same time period every morning (first thing) just not sure what to think.. Anyone else had the same issue? AF due on valentines day and this will be our 8th month trying. Up until now i have just been going with the flow, and letting it happen when it does. But i am feeling that now doing the OPK testing may have triggered an issue with my ovulation....

TIA ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clear Blue OPK 6 days flashy smiley face

You may have missed the surge to identify ovulatation as some people's only lasts 12 hours.

Once I get the flashing smileys, I test twice daily so I don't miss the surge to make sure I can tell when ovulation most likely happened

ETA - long story short, doesn't mean you didn't ovulate, just means you may have missed seeing the surge. As long as you BD as if you had seen the peak, you should be okay.

ETA - I just realise that was nearly as long as the first part lol
    Last edited by Lanabananah; 06-02-2017 at 13:14.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanabananah For This Useful Post:

KJH0901  (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lanabananah! Also can you just buy the sticks or do i need to buy the whole test kit again for next month? haven't seen just the sticks anywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately you can't buy just the sticks

You have to buy the whole pack again. You can use spare sticks from one month with your next months handle. It gets exxy using them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanabananah For This Useful Post:

KJH0901  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got a solid smiley yet? I had 9 days of flashing smiley faces before I got my solid. It's the first time I've had so many flashing smiley's! I was worried I wasn't going to O then finally got my solid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NelopeJ88, I ended up with the O so must had missed my solid smiley face. I have read on here that this is a regular occurrence (flashy face for longer than ovulation period predicted).
    What i have learnt in ttc is I think my body is just getting back to normal after having my implant out. (Had for 6 years) out mid-2015 and on the pill from then to April last year. I actually hardly had my monthlies with the implant so i think this has something to do with the longevity of ttc. Everyone in my family and DH conceive within the first 6 months. This will be our 8th month trying. My boobs are starting to get sore and this is a sign of my period so ill expect this month has been a write off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure does hopefully they come on special at some stage will have a look out for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm experiencing a similar thing this month. I'm on day 8 of flashy smilie face with Clearblue. This morning I did a Clearblue and OvuPlan test and still had flashy smilie but check out the pic of the OvuPlan. I'd say non fertile. I don't know if I should keep testing or not!? I'm on day 19 today and I ovulate like clockwork on day 12. However I had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy earlier this month so it could of thrown my cycle out. What do you ladies think? Keep testing for o or not?
    IMG_1486869007.324104.jpg