ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear about your MIL's selfish ways @clucky14. I guess she has her own issues to deal with. Just ignore it and focus on your 2 beautiful girls. Mia is so so cute! Glad to know you are on the mend. For me, the c section is very bearable compared to my surgery for fibroids. Heh.
    @ABG79, I was dpretty lucky with Jamie on our flight. They say the younger they are, the more they sleep through which is true! My tip, prepare for the worst (ie non stop crying) and it will be all ok. Like Clucky14 said, spare clothes, nappies and milk. I also had his pillow handy. He slept on my lap and in my arms so the pillow made it more comfortable for us both. A small blanket will help too. I also made sure I had hand sanitiser and saline drops in case but nobody tried to touch Jamie so it was fine. If you can, time the feeds during take off and landing, it's supposed to help with ear pains due to change in pressure. That said, Jamie did alright without the feeding. I used a dummy and he mostly slept through it. Oh and don't be afraid to ask for help from the service staff. They can give you hot water and help you hold Lenny if you need the loo or just an extra pair of hands. I'm sure you'll be all fine!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (13-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Primary IVF Graduates-Beyond and Besides the BFP #2

So so cute @clucky14! Glad you are feeling a bit better pain wise today!
    @ABG79 we are flying to NZ in May...I'm a bit anxious as to how that goes lol! While the big flight is only 4hrs, by the time you take into account travel to and from the airport, check in and the much shorter connecting flight...it's about 12hrs door to door! @VickyP has given great advice, other than that we've just got to cross our fingers haha!

Well Max is 6 weeks old today and has his first real cold he's snotty, sneezing and coughing, no temp though which is good. Poor little guy, it's so heartbreaking seeing him like that! I'm so frustrated as I'm sure I've given it to him! I've woken up AGAIN with the sorest throat, ears and neck.....my body is kaput since childbirth! Just can't seem to get a break!

IMG_1489366217.638254.jpgIMG_1489366314.622181.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Maz40  (15-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @onedaymaybebaby Max is gorgeous!! Lenny was 6 weeks last Friday, he had his jabs today and it was so awful hearing him scream. I bawled my eyes out . I think it was worse for me than him!
    Thanks for the tips @VickyP I will ask for help if needed (although I'm not that good at doing it).. I'm going to wear him in my cheekoh carrier he sleeps for ages when I wear him in that and it's comfortable for me and means my hands are free. My biggest worry is if he cries the whole way, but after today (he had his vax needles) I was able to calm him quickly with a big cuddles. So I'm sure he will be fine on the plane. He loves his dummy so will give it to him at take off and landing for his ears. @onedaymaybebaby you are so right in regards to the messing around before the flight... it's not just the actual flight it's getting to the airport, checking in, waiting around etc.. my hubby won't be coming with me but will be taking us to tree airport and will help us to check in. @clucky14 I'm glad to hear your pain has eased. Can't believe your MIL's comment about the hospital being so far away! So cheeky!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am loving all the pics of the bubs on here! They are all so gorgeous!

So it looks like me, @SimSam8 and Maz40 are the only ones left on here to have our babies
    @ABG79- I'm due 8th April.
    So another 3.5 weeks for me.. ekkkk!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls exciting! How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my! Just look at Max! Gorgeous boy @onedaymaybebaby. Sorry to hear about the cold! You poor thing! Got to nurse your body back to health. Are you on multivitamins? Might be good you keep on them for a while. I know it's heartbreaking when they aren't well but Max will also be building his immunity in the process so that's some comfort!

Yay to get the first round of jabs done @ABG79! Jamie also cried like crazy but he too settled very quickly after. As for flights, yes I brought my carrier too but didn't wear it. For one they will make you wear a special infant search belt around bubba and 2, you need to take him out at customs. They scan everything including the carrier. You could always pop him back in after of course but Jamie settled in my arms and lap quite happily before take off. If I can survive a 20 hour door to door, you ladies will too! Lol. It's such an experience but after the first time, you will feel all seasoned about it!

@tjuls, I'm soooooooo excited for you! Yay!!!! You think bubba will be on schedule!

Sending you and Mia lots of love @clucky14! Enjoy the snuggles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last day at work today! Thank God! Was really ready go.
    I'm feeling alright @ABG79. Other than feeling a little heavy, there's nothing much to report .. still feeling energetic, still mobile, swollen feet hasn't kicked in yet.
    Having said that though, feeling more pressure in my bottom lately (sorry tmi). So am keeping a close feel on that one.
    @VickyP- I have a feeling this one might actually come early. Had the inkling thought since 20 weeks actually but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

My hope of having a vbac was a little crushed at last Ob's apptment. We discussed birth plans etc and I requested a vbac. Unfortunately I don't have an option other than a repeat c section if I don't go into labour naturally myself. If I'm overdue (past 41 weeks), then I have to have a c section. Can't be induced due to increased risk of uterine rupture with syntocin.
    Couldn't stop thinking about it but after everything we've gone through to get here, what's a c section hey?

Bub vaccinations are horrible for us mums to watch. Esp the double jabs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhhhhh!!!! Yay to mat leave @tjuls! Now is the time to focus on yourself, family and bubba to come! Do find time to pamper yourself before the madness arrives!

I hope bubba stays in there but comes on time! I think you should take it easy. Vbac or c section- so long as bubba and you are safe that's all that matters. I had a pretty good c section so it doesn't sound too bad to me! Hope you get your wish though and that bubba comes naturally. On the day I had a c section, the lady who was supposed to be behind me in the queue had a Vbac in the end. They had planned for a c section but bubba obviously has other plans. Due to her Vbac my c section was pushed back from 4pm to 7pm. Haha. So you never know! :P

Tell me about the vax. I am already dreading the 4 months one due in 3 weeks. Plus it's leap 4. Jamie hasn't slept through the night yet so I can't imagine what havoc it might cause! He's doing much better with his day naps now but at night he still wakes up once for milk and once squirming probably because of reflux so I'm still not getting my sleep properly! That said, he's started doing the cutest things. He stares at himself in the mirror and then grins! Talk about narcissism. Lol

He's been having these milia looking spots on his forehead and neck. Wonder is its got to do with his new formula. Been on Novalac Allergy and I hate it. It leaves an oily residue in the bottles that make it so hard to clean! I might go onto the Aptamil HA one and see what happens.

Happy Friday ladies. Can't wait for the weekend to arrive! Woohoo!

Xoxo
    Last edited by VickyP; 17-03-2017 at 08:10.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (20-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations at finishing work @tjuls that's the best part ! Thanks @VickyP loving the snuggles can't believe it's been a week already wow that time has flown! She's sleeping fairly good only two to three wake ups during the night so far but I know it will change as they get more active. Trying to enjoy this stage this time as it goes so fast! I'm still in pain after c sect but it's sooooo much better I found days 2-4 were the worst of it and I didn't want to use the strong painkillers but in the end I took the OB and anaesthetist advice and hustbtook them when I needed now I'm down to just panadol. I think we like to think sometimes we are race and don't need things but sometimes we just do and have to stop being stubborn. I'm still glad I had one it was such a nicer experience for me this time round compared to my first born episiotomy and forceps was a little traumatic for me.i don't think any way is easier to be honest. I'm so happy I have two little girls what more could I ask for really. It's hard work with the two my toddler went crazy for attention the first 3 days it was pretty bad I ended up in tears and telling hubby to take her home from the hospital it was very overwhelming and hard to deal with but now she absolutely adores her she tells me she is her sister and kisses her it melts my heart. I hope everyone is doing fine and taking care of themselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone 🏻!!! My gosh!!! Where is the time going?? I've just read the last page to have a quick catch up! So much has happened since I last checked in, sorry lovelies, I really want to keep my finger on the pulse as to where everyone's up to but the days go so quickly (yet slow at the same time if that makes sense...) and then it's bed time!!

Congratulations @clucky14!! Mia is so cute!!! What a gorgeous little bundle! Your MIL needs to give you guys space by the sounds of it anyway, you don't need that drama in your life right now!

Yay @tjuls!!! Hope you're enjoying your mat leave!!! Woo! What's your due date again??
    @VickyP How's your gorgeous little Jamie going? Don't stress about the 4 months vax ~ what will be will be I guess is how I approached it. Sophie cracked it while we were in the drs office but calmed her with a quick feed so have a bottle ready and maybe even some panadol? Someone told me to give it to her before the needles to sort the pain out quicker before it hung around for too long I guess but we didn't bother about giving any to her, figured we'd just wait and see how she went. So she was fine in the normal and not sure if it was because of the vax or just coincidence but she was inconsolable later that afternoon, didn't even want the boob to calm her! We went outside to help distract her which helped but every time we went to go back inside she'd lose it all over again so that's when we gave her some panadol. But her sleep wasn't affected thankfully! She still wakes once or twice a night and I'll just feed her back to sleep that's my go to when she won't settle herself. She'll be 5 months old on Tuesday!! Our latest drama is that she's decided she doesn't like the bottle anymore . I've been expressing since she was born and would give one to her at least once or twice a week here and there so I've got a good stash in the freezer. She had a cough/snotty nose thing about 2 weeks ago where we had to give her antibiotics and she wasn't keen on the bottle then either but I wanted to start trying to give her formula because I've been feeling like she's not getting enough of a night time before bed, anyway, I think the antibiotics might have thrown her off the bottle because it was something other than the boob if that makes sense. So I'm persevering by expressing each day still to keep my supply up and trying a bottle each day too and trying not to stress when she resists. She actually had a little bottle last night after I tricked her by letting her suck on her dummy for a bit and and took that out and replaced it with a bottle and it worked! Woo! So hopefully my persistence is starting to pay off!

I'd love to hear where everyone else is up to!! Hope everyone's doing well! Xxx