+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @VickyP! Sorry to hear BF isn't going so easily for you, I hear you, it's so frustrating! Out of interest how much are you able to express? What's considered normal? I'm pretty full first thing in the morning but they're pretty deflated after that first morning feed and Max never seems satisfied as the day goes on! I never leak (that's all I heard about from other mums...get lots of breast pads...well I never have to use them other than overnight), I never get that 'let down' feeling either! Wouldn't it be awesome to have a gauge so you could see exactly how much they've had! It's hard to rely on wet nappies when you're having to top up huh! I hope things get easier for you x

Things are going ok here, could be better but I'm having a bit of a "feel sorry for myself" kinda day today lol! Got called into my gp for blood test results from last week...I know there are people with actual problems that are far worse off than me, so I'm trying to keep myself in check but just feel a bit like anything that could be thrown at me post partum has been . So I've now got low iron, low hemaglobin, low thyroid hormone and high cholesterol! All of which were completely normal before and during pregnancy! I've had more blood taken today to do further investigating into the thyroid issue. Apparently hypothyroidism (and hyper for that matter) can be a temporary issue post partum but sometimes can become a permanent issue meaning medication also the low iron is explaining why I'm zombie tired all the time! So I'm now taking two ferrograd c tabs a day instead of one. I did have a small postpartum hemorrhage of about 500ml which is a big factor but she said it can take up to 9months to get better! So more bloods in a month to check that too!

BF wise, the pain has subsided dramatically! Now my issue is trying to keep him awake once he's latched! 2-3mins in and he's gone! I'm still trying to get the whole coordination thing right too, he's latching well but I have rather big boobs (sorry tmi) and feel I have to support my boob with one hand and cradle him with the other, otherwise it just rips out of his mouth and causes me pain and him frustration! So this doesn't leave any hands free to try and keep him awake lol! At least I'm getting a laugh out of writing this....it conjures up quite a comical picture . My cold is subsiding but Max has been really snuffly today, he's sneezing an awful lot too! I feel terrible!

Anyway tomorrow is a new day and hopefully things look better all round for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear @onedaymaybebaby! You really have had the tough gig thrown at you! Hope the hypothyroidism and iron levels get sorted out soon! Sending you the biggest cyber hugs! Hope you get some rest too mummy!

I usually get about 30mls to 40mls when I pump which is really low. I think on average it should be 100mls or more. BF is the toughest bit. I'm just trying to persevere as much as I can. Warm weather is not helping at all here.

As for keeping bub awake. I usually feed him first thing when he wakes since he's least sleepy then. Perhaps try a few other positions and see? There are YouTube videos that show various positions like cross cradle hold and the football hold. Or you might want to try lying down on the bed so that one of you hands can be freed up? I'm not sure myself so can't offer any good advice there.

Try to get some saline drops for the snuffly nose. It works great for Jamie. And I read that it's ok for newborns to sneeze. It doesn't mean that they are getting a cold necessarily. It's a way of cleaning their noses.

Jamie sneezes quite a bit too and makes these little sighs after his sneezes that are so cute. He's becoming like a little monkey now. So cute and he loves it when we sing to him. On the brighter side of things, his reflux seems to be better now and we even managed to skip his meds yesterday. We have an appointment with the PD again tomorrow so hopefully things will start to be better. He's 11 weeks today! Time flies.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP Jamie is so cute ! Wow has the time flown already 11 weeks! Not much going on with me just on mat leave the nesting has started with the cleaning ect though some days I am so exhausted from lack of sleep I don't get much done. I've been sleeping terrible just can't get comfortable . I've been trying to enjoy the last of having one on one time with my three year old before baby comes in 11 days . She is hard work some days but today was so cute she kissed my belly and said baby sister coming soon which was so cute .

Thanks
    Reviews
    11 days to go @@clucky14! Wow! So exciting! I'm sure your toddler is so excited about getting a sibling too. So cute. Do rest up too. I felt the same way about nesting. Wanted to clean but also felt so tired from the insomnia and body aches. Can't wait to meet your little princess!

As for us, we haven't had much sleep for the last 2 nights. For some reason, Jamie has had some regression in his sleep patterns. We used to do only 2 feeds and he would sleep 3-4 hours at a stretch but over the last 2 nights, he seems to have difficulties going into deep sleep. Maybe his swaddle is getting too small. He keeps squirming and wants his arms out and then he flings them around with his startle reflex and ends up squirming and not sleeping deeply. So both of us haven't had much sleep either. So tired. Wonder when he would start sleeping through the night. This sleep deprivation business is so so tough!

I can't wait to get back to Sydney next week. Battling 40 degree days, reno noise (DH building us a granny flat), noisy traffic, mozzies ain't too funny at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you are all well! Just popping in to say hi and that I'm thinking of you all

My little Max is 5 weeks old this Monday, I can't believe it he's a tall, chubba bubba...nearly 5kg already eeek lol! Love him so much

IMG_1488527958.116256.jpgIMG_1488527967.452458.jpgIMG_1488527975.801686.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I have lots to catch up on and while write a more detailed post later..
    I finally feel like I'm coming out of he blues and feeling more myself.
    Lenny and me have found our groove, my anxiety has eased so much and we getting out and about.
    Xx

IMG_1488688811.753166.jpgIMG_1488688836.335474.jpgIMG_1488688858.314532.jpgIMG_1488688885.817751.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ABG79! Lovely to see you! Oh my goodness Lenny is so sweet! Love the pics hope you are doing well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love all the baby pics 😝👶 Been busy on my leave just cleaning up "nesting" and doing lots of washing though been hard with the rainy weather lately. Feeling pretty nauseous and unwell which sux a bit . Having bub this Friday I am looking forward to it but also nervous as it's my first c sect but kind of can't wait to feel better again and to finally meet her .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies!! I am so happy to be joining this thread! Got my BFP on Monday with a HCG level of 750 after 3 rounds of IVF. This is my first pregnancy so really anxious and nervous but super excited!!! Looking forward to hearing all of ur experiences and getting advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies, sorry for being MIA for a few days. We just got back to Sydney on Monday and have been trying to settle back in.

Nice to hear from you @ABG79! Glad to know that you are feeling better. You are the best mumma that Lenny can have! So good that you are getting out and about. We are trying to do that as well. Definitely makes time go quicker. Lenny looks so adorable! Happy 5 weeks darling!
    @onedaymaybebaby, Max is just divine. Love those photos and look at that smile! Charmer! He's put on good weight so you both are doing a great job!

2 more days to go @clucky14! I'm feeling so excited for you. Eeeks! You will be just fine for the c section. Just try your best to rest afterwards but remain active. Can't wait to meet your princess.

Welcome @SimSam8! Congrats hun on the BFP and here's wishing you an uneventful and smooth pregnancy! Can't wait to hear your updates. Do you have a dating scan scheduled? When is your due date? So happy for you...

As for us, I am currently waiting to see the PD to catch up on all the outstanding issues like Jamie's reflux and milk allergy. Will check in again when I can.

Xoxo